Check Up

"Diane is everything ok?" The blonde asked as she sat on the bed in the bedroom of the Michigan home. Yes she still kept in contact with her former fiance in regards to Callie so whenever she called it was usually in regards to the troubled girl.

"Hey Stef. Yes it's fine I didn't mean to worry you or bother you on your trip."

"No you aren't no worries at all. Boston treating you ok?"

"It is. Freezing I must say at times but so far it's not bad. Can't say I don't miss California." She laughed as Stef let out a smile.

"Well there is only one California ya know."

"Yes I know it. But I wanted to tell you I'm back in Sacramento. Have a few things to do and well I was going to drive Callie back to Boston with me. If that's ok with you?"

"That's fine Di. It is. And um I'll put money in that account that I have for Callie. Remember the one we set up when she was little?"

"I do. But that's for her education. Not living expenses. Don't worry about it Stef. Honest I can provide."

"Di no. You are doing far to much already. Until she gets a job I want to make sure she has money and not yours."

"Stef, even if that was the case she's not going to take it or use it. You know that."

"Then don't tell her it's from me. I can't have you providing anymore for her. I want her to get a job and provide for herself when she's there. Make her pay for shit Di. Make it hard for her not easy."

"Oh I don't plan on making it easy for her. Trying to get her to stop smoking."

"Yeah she surly picked up all my shit huh?" The blonde laughed running her fingers through her hair.

"We both are guilty of smoking Stef when she was growing up. And pretty recently too. I mean I'm no saint myself and admit it's one hell of a habit to break."

"Yeah I know it."

"Listen I was hoping I could somehow convince her to spend time with you before we head to Boston. I know she doesn't get out for a few weeks and you don't come back from your trip for a few weeks but I really wanted to try to help Stef."

Letting out a sigh to Stef it was just like Diane. She knew the woman was trying harder then anything to help with Callie and to try to somehow mend their relationship which she appreciated. She always did.

"Diane I'd love to see my baby before she leaves. I would and I plan on it. Even if she's going to hate every minute of it."

"Let her Stef. Let her and I will do everything I can so that she doesn't change her last name. I will. Try not to worry ok?"

"Yeah. I will try."

"So how's the trip?"

"Um it's good. Yeah I mean it's a bitch and I um I saw some of our old hideouts back in Nevada."

"Really? How bad does that place look? Just as crappy?"

"Ha. Worse if you can believe it."

"MM I could. So I was thinking of taking Callie there."

"To Nevada?"

"Yeah. But I wanted to ask you first. It may give her more insight to you and what we went through. What do you think?"

"Di are you ok going there?" The blonde asked worried as her voice grew soft.

"Yeah. I mean I think I'll be ok. You did it."

"Yeah brought up alot of old shit that I had forgotten but I don't want you to make that trip and risk, well, feeling a certain way."

"It's ok Stef. I'll be ok. Sometimes you just have to face things head on."

"Yeah you are right about that love."

"But I'm glad you are doing ok and you have your kids and family with you. Lena isounds really special Stef and I want you to know that I'm happy for you. I am."

"Thanks Di. You um, you know meet anyone?"

"Not yet. But I'll  let you know how things are going."

"Yeah please do. And  tell me how does she look? How does my baby look?"

"Like her mama." Diane said smiling." And she has a girlfriend you know."

"No shit?" 

"Yup. I met her. Nice girl."

"Wow. What's her name."

"Grace."

"Ah the one Cal got in trouble with?"

"Yeah but  she's a good influence on her Stef. She's pushing Callie to do right she really is and I think that was just a one time thing. But she is a nice girl."

"I believe you. Good to know."

"Yeah, how is Frankie?"

"MM a sweetheart. I um gave her the right middle name." Stef said as Diane could only smile at the compliment. "She's a sweet girl. Wants to be a cop."

"Wow really? Like you and your aunt huh?"

"Yup. She's pretty adamant about it. So I won't try to change her mind anymore. Studies everyday, trains and runs everyday. She's pretty devoted to it."

"She's also probably very inspired by having you and Fran in her life.  I can't imagine that she wouldn't be." At that comment Stef could only smile never realizing she could really inspire any of her kids. "And Jude how is he?"

"He's good. They are bonding pretty well. Misses his other sister but he's doing good."

"Stef, Frankie and Jude are welcome anytime in Boston. All of you are." 

"Thanks. You are always welcome in Sacramento as well. Hope you know that."

"Thank you Stef. Listen I gotta go but I'll check back in with you and let you know how she is."

"I appreciate it. Thanks Di."

"Of course. Night Stef."

"Goodnight Di."

Hanging up the blonde let out a sigh as Lena softly knocked on the door.  Quietly opening it the cop looked up to her smiling."Everything ok baby?"

"Yeah my love come in."

Walking in she took a seat beside her girlfriend as Stef now held her hand.

"That was Diane. She's in Sacramento visiting Callie and is going to drive her back to Boston."

"Yeah? How do you feel about that?"

"Ok. Glad she has her to take her back. And she wants to take her to Nevada."

"To see where you grew up?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think it's a bad idea honey. It can't do any harm. It can only possibly encourage her to talk to you more. She may have questions that only you can answer."

"True. Hey you wanna go out? Maybe take everyone out for a movie or something. Could use it."

"Sure honey. Sounds like a good idea baby. Only if you are ok."

"I'm good love. I'm good." Leaning in Stef softly kissed her girlfriends lips as the family headed to a night movie and ice cream. Sometimes the blonde needed things like this just to ease the stress of life and of her healing. Her family, thankfully, was more then willing to give it to her.