Chapter 45-Bury the hatchet

Start from the beginning

Once she stepped In the hut a spear was put to her throat by the lady. The young girl  gasped.

"Who are You?"

~•~

Bea and Lilya had been going through old news papers for over an hour...and still turned up empty handed.

"I'm tired." The now strawberry coloured hair said rubbing her eyes.

Liliya chuckled. "This task is impossible."

"Tell me about it. Over the past months the only thing I've come up with is that on the day of your mother's mysterious outing; she left for 2 hours but she could have gone anywhere."

Liliya sat up quickly. "Yes but no."

"No?"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"No. East focus. When she left that day, she didn't use the portal."

Bea pulled out a map and opens it up. "Two hours to leave and return."

"Lets say she uses 20 minutes to get to her destination and back."

Bea used a compass to estimate th3 distance. She shook her head. "It won't work. Every distance 20 minutes away from the castle are just dead ends."

Liliya frowned. "How about we try 30 minutes?"

Bea shrugged. "We can try." She looked down at the map again and shook her head. "Nope, another dead end."

Liliya got off the bed and went to the map. "Where could she have gone?" The brit asked.

Liliya looked down at the map. Her eyes squinting as if the answers were on it. Maybe it was. Her eyes widened and went scrambling through the news papers.

"Lulu?" Bea called.

"The answer is right here." She said digging through the papers.

"Here?" Bea asked looking around her room.

"Not in the room, silly. While we were going through old news papers I saw one that was published the day after her outing-bingo!" The blonde said pulling out the papers.

Bea walked over to her and read the headline out loud. "Book keeper replaced after mysterious death."

"Mysterious death? More like murder." Liliya said morw to herself than Bea.

"Today our long time beloved book keeper, friend, husband, father-of our zone was found dead in his place of work. Burns, laaerations and bruises found-"

"That's my mom alright." Liliya blew out pacing the room.

"Lulu are you ok?"

"I mean I knew she was a heartless bitch but to kill in cold blood?"

Bea rubbed the princesses back. "Well we have the first part of thia mystery down."