Lady Soondeok is with child

Eun's diary

Home sweet home!

We returned this morning. Soondeok and I greeted Mongryong in our garden briefly before returning to our room, we buried him under the tree So hyung-nim gave us on our wedding day. I don't think I'll ever get myself another pet, don't think I can love another pet as much as I did with Mongryong.

My wife truly is a genius! For quite some time, I was worried that she's really sick again, but last night after mum asked me if Soondeok's pregnant, I knew right away that it was all part of her act! She's a genius! She even managed to fool mother! Soondeok also skipped dinner last night to show grandpa, how devoted, I sneaked back into our room with some food, asking if she needed any but she refused. As expected, our Soondeok is determined to put on her best act.

Mother called for a doctor just then, I'll wait in the front gate so I can talk to him when he arrives.

Oh, I think I should go out now.

Soondeok's diary

Something must've happened last night because my husband's been super happy since this morning. Every time he looked at me, he'd give me that childish smile of his and turn away after giving me a nod. What's wrong with him? I can't believe he's actually happy while I'm ill as a dog...

I'm very very VERY hungry, but the mere thought of food is making me sick.

At least now I can rest in our own room again, not that I hate Eun grandpa's residence, yet our room is always the best. Occationally I would hear Mongryong running into our room, but then of course, I was just hearing things. I miss him.

I don't think I can write anymore. Gosh, need to pee again, I just went though.

---------------------------------------------

(Maid coming into the room)

'Lady Soondeok, are you alright?'

(Soondeok sits up from the bed - unsteady)

'Yeah, I'm fine...what is it?'

'It's ma'am, she wants to see you.'

'Mother?'

'Yes, my lady. She's asking for you.'

'Where is she now?'

'In her room, my lady.'

'Okay...I'll go.'

'You don't look well, my lady.'

'I'll be alright.'

(Soondeok goes to Eun mother's room, everyone's there waiting for her – she glances at the doctor who's standing next to mother and then at Eun who nods while smiling at her)

Mother: 'My daughter, come sit. We called for a doctor to check on you. You seemed awefully ill last night.'

Soondeok: 'Oh mother, you didn't have to worry about me...'

Aunt: 'Of course she has to. You're carrying Eun's child, Soondeok ah.'

Soondeok: 'What?'

Mother: 'Aigoo, sister, don't say that yet – we need the doctor to check on her first. We don't want to stress her out.'

(Mother motions the doctor to take Soondeok's pulse, Soondeok looks uneasily at Eun who returned a grin at her. Did Eun already talk to the doctor, she wondered. Reluctantly, she gives the doctor her arm to take the pulse.)