2nd Anniversary

(Morning, Soondeok wakes up first – she gazes upon Eun's face, griming as she enjoys every inch of his face.)

Soondeok's Diary

Happy 2nd anniversary! Well, I don't even know why I'm writing it here but heck, I'm so excited this morning! Can you believe it? 2 years! 2 solid years of me being with the prince! I'm happy for those times, I'm glad I survived till now and I'm grateful that heaven has blessed me with those precious memories we've made together. I don't deserve to be loved, yet I'm thankful that the prince loves me dearly, I'll hold on to this, in the years to come. One day, when he falls in love with someone else, I'll still welcome her with a smile on my face – I don't mind, I love him over all these.

It pains me, to see my prince being tortured by nightmares – he had another one last night. He looked so pale, he was sweating and shivering like a dog who almost drowned. I wanted to comfort him, I wanted to tell him it's all fine, but I couldn't – no matter how hard I tried, his past is still haunting him every now and then. Hope it won't affect his mood today, I'll try my very best to cheer him up, that's the least I can do. And one day, when I get my hands on the evidence, I'll punish Queen Yoo for good. She did this to my love, I won't let it slide.

Bath today. To be honest, I still don't want it to happen, but the prince said it'll bring us closer together and I'd want that. I want to be close to him, I want to be that someone he can be himself around, I want to be that person whom he can put his trust entirely in. I love him, the love I have for him today seems to be much greater than that I had for him when we got married, will I ever survive this love? My life, seems too good to be true.

------------------------------------

(After a while, Soondeok decides to prepare food for their picnic that day so she heads to the kitchen, Eun still sound asleep. He bounced up once he felt the other side of the bed empty the moment he wakes up.)

'Deok ah! Soondeok ah! You here?'

(Silence)

'Where...where in the world is she? I ought to hang a bell on her...where could she be? Aish...I wanted to give her my kiss on the bed today...'

(Eun washes up real quick then goes around searching for his wife. At last, he finds Soondeok in the kitchen chatting with maids as she's kneading cookie dough. Eun slowly walks up to her and gave her a back hug.)

'Honey!!!!!!'

'Oh! Your highness! You're awake! How-'

(Eun kisses Soondeok on the lips before she could finish, Soondeok pushes him away.)

'Good morning, Deok ah~ You slept well?'

'Your...your highness...there're...there're people here...'

(Soondeok looks down as she blushes, Eun frowns then stares at the maids, the maids quickly run out of the kitchen without uttering a word. Eun smiles when they're alone at last.)

'Now, shall we continue, hm?'

(Eun lifted Soondeok and have her sit on the table as they kissed, Soondeok wraps her arm around Eun's neck while trying to avoid touching him with her dough-covered hands)

'What are you doing here, Deok ah? Leaving me all alone in our room...I thought you promised me you won't leave me.'

'I'm sorry...you feeling better now?'

'It's just a stupid dream, that's all...'

'Honey...'

'What...what's this?'