Then that's what she'll get!

Eun's diary

Eun's diary

Soondeok's been bowing in front of the Buddha since this morning, praying for the woman to get well I assume. I'm still mad at her for what happened last night. If it's a divorce she wants, then a divorce she will get! I'm happy of course! Happier than you could imagine! Ha!

Just three years then I won't have to be with that woman anymore! And we've been married for almost half a year now, so only 2 years or so left of this hell. Maybe by then, Haesoo will reconsider me again and she'll agree this time! I just have to study hard and be smart like Wook hyung! Yes, I can change her heart...I just need to send an apology, a deep apology to her telling her that I still like her. Even if Haesoo doesn't agree, I'll find another lady much more beautiful much more lady-like than Soondeok, I won't have to worry about anything anymore! She'll treat me like a king and we'll have lots and lots of kids! If only time would pass sooner!

I plan to stay here at the temples for another month – no need to rush back to the capital where Soondeok and I have to pretend to get along well with each other. I'll try fishing again tomorrow, for today, I'll just catch up on my sleep. Why can't I get Soondeok's voice out of my head? Darn it! And the image of her in tears – I better keep myself busy.

Soondeok's diary

I've done the 300 bows today – praying for that woman to get well soon. If only I had sent the boy earlier...I can't help but think of mother as I stayed beside her last night...Father told me mother died giving birth to me when he was in war, so he had no idea of what happened until he returned...by then my mother's already been buried. He couldn't even hold her hand and say goodbye... This child's father too is away on a business trip – I just can't let this happen...I'd hate to see anyone going through the pain my father did in the past. The prince didn't seem to understand, and I don't plan to make him understand...like what he said...I was too sure of myself. I will stay by her side until she's all well, until she can open her eyes and look at her baby. It's a relieve the baby is fine, such a charming little baby boy, just like his brother.

I've told the prince about the divorce

I've told the prince about the divorce...it pained me when the words left my mouth, but if that could make him happy, I guess it doesn't really matter. I can't bear seeing him chained with me in this marriage just because I wanted it to happen. 3 years...I'll make the best of it, if I live that long. For sure, he will file the divorce and for sure, we'll have to go our separate ways soon. I don't know what I'll do after the divorce...maybe I should just go to the far west, where all the merchants come from, go to Persia, India...maybe even to Rome! Sure I will miss the prince...sure my heart will ache for him...but knowing that he'll live a blessed life would keep me going.

I'm not giving up just yet...I'm still waiting for the day the prince will like me...the day he changes his mind...but if the heavens won't allow it, then after three years...should I have three years...I'll let fate decide. I'm going to paint now, I want to keep my mind off of all these things.

"In our lives we have taken wrong turns,

some made us cry until tears do burn.

But remember, oh prince, when you do feel blue,

That it's these wrong turns that led me to you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things ended up like this, at this point if you tell Eundeok that they'll end up loving each other deeply and are willing to die for each other, it would seem very hard for them to believe. However, that's the thing in life, we'll never know when the winds of change will come. 

That wind, is coming soon, very soon.