How long will you wait?

Eun's diary

Oh yes, riding date today! Finally! It's been so long! Oh, I just missed riding so much! And, I visited Haesoo yesterday, I'm glad she's doing well at the teahouse. She gave me a few ideas as to how to propose to Soondeok, maybe I'll pick one of those. But still, it's not grand enough. I want to make this into a HUGE event, so that she'll never forget it. I've been thinking, maybe I'll take her for a ride and propose to her during sunset, I'll make this flowery path for her, how romantic is that? Or, I can bring her to the park and propose to her as we row in a boat on the pond and we can have our maids and servants congratulating us on the shore. Maybe I'll just decorate our room with lots and lots of flowers and I make some excuse for her to leave the house for a while so when she comes back I can surprise her with it! Oh, I don't know! All these ideas are good, I don't know which one I'll pick. What say I sing to her? Will she like it? And the ring, I still haven't bought the ring, maybe I'll do some shopping later.

I also went to see Soondeok's doctor yesterday and asked him of Soondeok's condition. Unfortunately, this is the only medicine that works on Soondeok now so she must keep taking it. On the bright side, he did say it's not impossible for her to carry a child – he's seen clients who've managed to have babies while taking that medicine at that dosage, so I've still got hope. Looks like I'll have to work hard after the 2nd anniversary, ha! Soondeok found my red book yesterday, thank goodness she didn't read it. Come to think of it, I haven't read it either. Should I? I was very much tempted to last night, but will Soondeok like it? If she finds out I've read it on my own, will she be unhappy? Probably. But I can't imagine reading it with her as I'd promised. Oh, I don't know! I'll just let it slide.

----------------------------------

(They're about to ride back to town)

'Soondeok ah! What say we have a race again?'

'Again? Oppa, you know I'll win again, don't you?'

'Not this time you won't. I'll make sure of it! Ya, last time I could've won if you hadn't pulled me down from the horse.'

'You're still angry about that?'

'Of course!'

'Fine, what bets are we having this time? I go first. If I win, Oppa, you'll have to let me read your red book first!'

'Ya! Didn't we say we'll read it together?'

'That's why I'm making it as a bet!'

'Fine. And I bet, if I win, you'll join me in bath today. TODAY!'

'Oppa! I thought you said we'll do that on our 2nd anniversary!'

'That's why I'm making it as a bet, Deok ah!'

'Alright! Let's go!'

(Soondeok darts toward her horse, Eun runs after her)

'Ya! That's not fair! I wasn't ready!'