Time, was all I wanted

Eun's diary

What a gorgeous day! I spent the entire day fishing and I've caught absolutely nothing, probably the kids upstream scared all the fish off. But it doesn't matter, I enjoyed doing absolutely nothing – napping under the tree, closing my eyes and listening to all the rich sounds nature has to offer. If I could invent something, that'd be a device that can capture sound, so I can bring this sound back with me and whenever my mood is down, I can just listen to it again and feel better all over again! How nice would that be? Should I ask Jimong about it? He's come up with all sorts of strange and crazy things like the air-plane that can carry people up to the sky and fly like a bird – I'm sure he can make me that device if I just ask him!

 If I could invent something, that'd be a device that can capture sound, so I can bring this sound back with me and whenever my mood is down, I can just listen to it again and feel better all over again! How nice would that be? Should I ask Jimong...

I also spent some time splashing around with the kids from the temple, orphans mostly. They had a wrestling competition in water and I joined them. I lost of course, how could I win over a dozen kids? So I gave them money to buy snacks in the market as their treat. Such lovely angels.

The sun is setting already but Soondeok's still not back. She's already gone when I woke up this morning, left a note saying I won't have to worry about her even if she comes back late so I suppose I have nothing to worry about. But why can't I sit still? The maid will bring in my dinner soon, will Soondeok have dinner with me? Should I leave some food for her? The head monk talked to me yesterday, telling me that it's important to mind my character...I suppose mum has sent him a letter beforehand and told him to lecture me. What can I do? I simply stood there and listened until my ears felt numb. Why do old people always talk so much? At last he bowed to release me but then he halted me and reminded me that this is the temple and told me not to do anything 'inappropriate' with my wife. Heck! Who did he take me for? I reassured him that I will never do such a thing but he said, 'Young man like yourself cannot contain that urge so easily, don't be so full of yourself. Humility is a character you must learn.' Then left. I was afraid he'll give me another set of lectures so I hid in our room as fast as I could. Thank goodness the head monk has gone on a trip today so I won't have to move around the temple trying to stay away from him. Oh, I think the food is here!

-------------Later that evening--------------