Erasing Haesoo

Eun's diary

I've dumped everything! All the toys Haesoo has once touched, all the clothes I wore when I was with Haesoo, all the love letters I had planned to send to Haesoo – all of them! Why keep them? That is my past, gone, never to return! 

I wanted to set them all on fire if I could, but Soondeok won't let me. Is that woman crazy or what? She actually spoke good about Haesoo, unbelievable! She told me to have fun shopping today so I will leave in just a moment. I need my life back – I'm going to forget everything and just enjoy myself today.

 I need my life back – I'm going to forget everything and just enjoy myself today

Soondeok's diary

Soondeok's diary

What's wrong with the prince? I wonder what happened between him and Haesoo because this morning he was rummaging through his things and carried them out to the courtyard, dumping them in a pile. He was spitting out the words 'Haesoo' as he was doing it then he wanted to set it all on fire. Luckily I was there to stop him before he did – imagine the racket he'll cause! If the king finds out, we'll never know what'll happen to him and Haesoo. I guess he's still mad at Haesoo for rejecting him...maybe I should go and persuade her again. But I doubt the difference...after all, Haesoo is not someone who'll change her mind easily, and the prince...he's definitely loathing her right now.

I sent him off for a day out, I know he loves to shop – I hope he can be his happy self again. It's been 3 days since we married, I hope he'll feel better soon. Me? I still sleep on the floor, but that's alright. The prince is an active sleeper so it's best to stay out anyway. He loves to make this funny puppy noise before he sleeps and he holds the corner of the blanket in his hands as he sleeps as well. Such a baby. But he tends to kick his blanket at night, I got up several times because the blanket fell on me and I had to put it back on him. His head was where his feet were last night when I found him this morning, I can imagine he's restless even in his sleep! The new bed arrived this afternoon, it's much bigger than I expected. Eun's mother told me that it was supposed to be ready on the day of our wedding but because the carpenter was sick a couple of days, it came late.

Mother's been so nice to me, we had tea together and she told me stories about the prince, I could listen to it all day, if only I could! She said the prince may seem strong and cheerful on the outside, but he really needs love, attention and assurance on the inside. Would I be able to give him that?

The things he dumped today...I told him I'll get rid of it for him, but I didn't. I know he's just doing it because of rage – he'll want them back sooner or later, so I told my maid to put them in a box and hide them in the store room. Will he be mad if he finds out? His room really is in a mess...but he doesn't like me touching his things...I guess I'll just tidy his clothes for him. His closet really is a war zone – but surprisingly, his study corner is tidy and clean. Is it because he never uses it? I'll ask if he'll let me use his desk as well as his study corner tonight...my own personal space in his room where I can read peacefully. How nice would that be? On such a beautiful day, I think I'll practise my swords a bit, it's been a while, can't risk losing the sense of it!