Baby monsters

Previously...

(Both of them sits on the steps outside, gazing at the stars and the moon above. Soondeok rests her head on Eun's shoulder, holding his arms.)

-------------------------------------------

'When I was young I used to gaze at the stars for ages, Deok ah. I'd try to connect them together...I'd talk to them like my friends...'

'We all did that when we were young.'

(Eun sighs)

'Jimong said each star represents one prince...one fate...one person...I've always wondered which one's mine.'

'Did you find it?'

'I did.'

'Oh really? Which one?'

'That one.'

(Eun points at the moon)

'But...that's the moon.'

'Exactly. The moon's too bright, that you don't even know a star next to it exists...'

'How'd you know it's yours?'

(Eun sighs)

'It doesn't shine, Deok ah.'

'Oppa...'

'Prince...ha, a prince I am...but I don't shine at all...not at all...my grandpa may be one of the most powerful man in Goryeo, but what good can that do? I'm still just a tiny...useless star.'

'Oppa, stars are useful. We use stars to tell us the direction-'

'Who needs the star that's right next to the moon? The moon outshines the star, Deok ah.'

'Just because the moon outshines the star doesn't mean the star is less important, Oppa.'

'Grandpa didn't think so, that's why he gave up on me.'

'Oppa.'

(Eun laughs at himself)

'You know what's funny? Grandpa actually wanted me to be king when I was young...in fact, even now, he could still if he wanted to.'

'What do you mean?'

(Eun looks at his wife)

'Deok ah. Who's the king of this country now, hm?'

'I...His Majesty your brother, of course.'

'Do you really think so?'

'Well...'

'King...what's a king? The one wearing the crown? Don't be silly. King? There's no king in this country, Deok ah, just a puppet sitting on the throne.'