The Truth

Eun's diary

We'll go hiking today! The entire mountain range is covered with snow, it'll be a gorgeous hike! We'll go in the afternoon when it's not that cold, I'm afraid Soondeok will catch a cold if we go in the morning. My wife is fine, just fine – energetic, charming, cheerful, healthy as ever! After getting back together a few days ago, we've come to understand each other more, love each other more, care about each other more. I think every time we have a fight, it's actually drawing us closer together in a way, I suppose it's a good thing, right?

Mum's letter arrived today and guess what? Yixing is said to return sometime early this year! Can you believe that? I can't believe he's coming back! I miss him so! I hope his plan won't change again this year like the previous years, I really want to take him to that restaurant he's always wanted to revisit.

Mother also talked about His Majesty, seems like he's not doing well with things, So hyung is helping him as much as he could along with Wook hyung, but the power against them is just too great I suppose. It'll be hard for So hyung to come over during spring with Haesoo I suppose, too bad, Soondeok's been looking so forward to their spring visit.

I miss mother, but I know she's doing fine. Maybe I should ask her to help us find a piece of land here where Soondeok and I can build our own place. We'll start from scratch and design everything ourselves! My dear wife's excited about it too, she's been going on and on about it. It'll be fantastic for us to live here, away from the suffocating city – the capital really isn't my style.

Soondeok's diary

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to live here? I've been imagining our place ever since Eun's brought up the idea of us moving here – I keep changing the design of our residence in my mind, I don't know which one to stick to! Every time I was sure I'll stick with one, another idea will pop up and I'll build on that new idea in my mind, over and over again! I wish Eun will tell me what he thinks, but he doesn't really care, he keeps saying that if I like it than he'll like it. Sure I love how he lets me decide it all, but I'd like to add his favourite design too! I've been struggling whether to add the bath inside the room or set up a separate bath house like the one back at home but all he said was he'd let me decide. When it comes to making minor decisions, my prince really isn't the best at it. But he's cute like this.

Daddy's letter came along with mother's letter today, he's patrolling around the borders again with Bogum, both are doing well, he says. I miss daddy so much. I hope he's wearing enough, he's not as young as he thinks he is and he keeps catching a cold because he thought he wouldn't need to wear a lot in the cold weather like the weather we're having now. If only I could go with him and make sure he's taking care of himself real good. Mother's doing well too, this I'm glad to hear. I miss her and I hope she's not too lonely at home without us.

Oh, I think it's time for us to go for lunch before the hike! Can't wait!

------------------------------------------------

Eun: 'Honey, get the door will you? I'm changing.'

Soondeok: 'Must be our food! Coming!'

(Opens door)

Soondeok: 'Oh! I...H...Hello, Your Excellency...'

(It's Eun's grandfather standing there with the table full of food.)

Soondeok: 'Your Excellency, let me carry that! Oh, do please come in!'

(Eun coming out of the room)

Eun: 'Who is it, honey?'

(Eun sees his grandfather and his smile disappears instantly.)

Eun: 'G...grandpa...'