Tell me it's not true...

Eun's diary

Eun's diary

Soondeok's in the kitchen now, I'll be helping her make dinner soon. A special guest came over today! The royal physician who helped Soondeok came since he's on a break and had wanted to have a look at Soondeok's condition to make sure she's recovering well. He even praised me for helping my wife recover much faster than he anticipated. I offered him to stay at our place and so we're preparing a feast of gratitude to him. He is, after all, the person who saved my wife. If it weren't for him, I suppose Soondeok really could've died back then, that's what all the other doctors have said after we came here.

Yes, he couldn't save both Soondeok and our child Byul, but I suppose he too felt bad afterwards. There really was nothing he could've done then, and I'm grateful he had helped me make the correct decision in such a short time which rescued my wife.

I had a nightmare last night, the worst so far; I dreamt that Soondeok died after giving birth to our son. What have I been doing? For days I've been trying to find a way to cure Soondeok's heart so that she won't have to take that medicine anymore and we can have kids. But turns out, not having kids may actually be a blessing. I hope Soondeok will understand, I hope grandpa will understand, I hope mum will understand. Soondeok didn't seem to like the idea, but I'll try persuading her. I love her, and I won't let her die like that, not if I can help it. Even if it means I can't sleep with her ever again, I'll do that.

Soondeok suggested us moving here, I think it's a great idea! You know what? Maybe I'll ask grandpa when I see him next time, we can move out of the capital and we can literally enjoy the scenery here every day! The people here's much nicer too, to be honest, so I won't mind moving here. It'll be even more magnificent when the entire mountain range is covered in snow – yes, today the first snow came and I got to witness it with my wife! How lucky we were!

-------------------------------------------------

Soondeok: "Oppa, you don't have to help out. We can finish everything ourselves."

Eun: "Of course I have to! He saved your life! Other doctors had said that if it weren't for his early treatment, you could've died! Deok ah, this is the least I can do."

Soondeok: "I get it I get it, stay and help if you want. Aigoo, you've got flour on your face! Here, let me wipe it off for you... Yuck! Ya! You've got egg all over your apron!"

(Eun smiles innocently)

Eun: "I was trying to beat the eggs..."

Maid: "Me lady, do you remember where we put the sausages? I remember we have them somewhere but I've forgotten where I left it, aigoo, me and me memories, must be getting old..."

Eun: "Ah! I remember! It's stored with the rice!"

(Soondeok gets up to get them but Eun stops her)