Meeting Haesoo

Soondeok's diary

Soondeok's diary

What I feared happened...today was the Nine-nine festival and Eun overslept and we were late, by late I mean really really late! As if that's not bad enough, we saw Haesoo as we rushed to the venue. She didn't change at all, still that pretty, charismatic lady the prince had fallen for. Eun was mad that I didn't wake him up early that morning already and when he saw Haesoo, it's like he was hit by a rock on the head or something. He wouldn't accept her greeting initially but I told him to – that's basic manner we're talking about. Sometimes I wish he'll act just a bit more rationally and less emotionally... He told Haesoo not to see him again and turn around every time they meet...It breaks my heart to hear him say that, I know he didn't mean it, he just wanted to pay back for what she did...or rather, what she didn't do to him, like a child. He turned and left so I had to follow – there's no use for me to show up in front of the king myself saying Eun left because he's in a bad mood.

 He turned and left so I had to follow – there's no use for me to show up in front of the king myself saying Eun left because he's in a bad mood

He walked all the way back to our house all by himself

He walked all the way back to our house all by himself...his feelings must've been so complicated...he didn't even stop over at the shop he loves the most. When I returned home, a while after he did – I found him hitting the wooden pole in our backyard with the wooden sword my father gave him, gritting his teeth as he did. Mother was coming out to find out what's going on so I went to her and asked her to leave Eun alone...I told her what happened and she said she'll send words to the palace saying we couldn't make it because she was feeling unwell before the king realizes we weren't there and gets mad. I'm so thankful for her, what will we do without her? Eun is taking a bath now so I can't leave my desk – because the moment I step out, I'll see the bath itself...I sure hope mother can let us take bath in the bath house soon – it's still in progress though.

Eun's diary

I said it! There, I said it! Right to her face! I told her to turn around every time she sees me – what a bad day it is today! That's why I hate going to festival gatherings! It's not like we're a family anyway, why bother? And Haesoo dared to come and greet me this morning. The moment I saw her it felt like I was shot by hundreds of arrows at my chest – I hate that feeling! I wanted to hurt her more...but I just can't bring myself to when I see her...that pretty face. In my heart, I still love her very much. I feel much better after letting my emotions out on the pole – is that why people want to learn martial arts? To express their anger this way? But it sure is tiring and my arm is aching like hell now, I suppose I've hit the pole for a thousand times today at least! Thank goodness the trip is tomorrow, I can leave this place finally! I just dislike the entire atmosphere in the capital, all these rules we have to follow, all these useless regulations! If I ever have my own children, I'll move at once! I'll find myself a house somewhere in the mountains where no one knows who we are and we'll just live there forever – worry free! I can't bear letting my kids get locked up in this city like myself!

Soondeok must've told mother about what happened because mother didn't come and scold me for returning so early today. She just walked over and wiped the sweat off of me before telling me to take a bath. I love her – I hope mother will feel better after the trip.

 I love her – I hope mother will feel better after the trip