I'm not like you, grandpa

Eun's diary

Day 2 without Soondeok. I miss her so. I hope she's fine, oh please be fine! I can't sleep at night, I can't even breathe easily now because I worry about her so much! I should've sent someone with her, I should've, but she kept saying how it'll slow her down and that she could trust no one but me. Oh please come back quick, my Deok ah.

On the bright side, the lady is conscious now and I moved her to my secret library, just in case someone comes in to search for her. She can't talk much yet but she's gaining strength bit by bit. I hope she can be well enough to walk by the time Soondeok comes back. Is she really a spy working for father-in-law? I really doubted that, but since my wife thinks so, I suppose I can only believe in her, she's the expert here after all.

I've been practising archery the entire day, try to get my minds off of a few things. I should go to the library and check on the old lady before going to sleep. Life's so dull without her, is like everything's black and white.

--------------------------------------

(Eun leaving the library silently, only to find that his grandfather is coming in the front gate)

'Wangeun. What were you doing in there?'

'Grandpa! I...I was...ummm...reading.'

'You? Reading? You expect me to believe you?'

'You don't need to know, grandpa. Why are you here?'

'Why can't I be here? It's my place, don't forget, I own this place, Eun ah.'

'Yes well, please go in, it's cold out here. Good night.'

(Eun rushes back into his bedroom, not wanting to spend a second longer outside with his grandfather. Only then did he realize that he's super tired from all the shooting he's done that day so he collapses right onto the bed in silence, longing for the touch of his wife, longing for her presence...Eun gets into the bed, only to realize that it's warm.)

'Hm? Gosh, I must be cold...to think that this bed is this warm...'

(Eun's hand suddenly touches another hand, which gave him a heart attack, causing him to fly out of his bed.)

'What? What- what was that?!'

(Eun inches forward to have a good look at uninvited visitor – he lights up another candle just to make sure. He pulls the blanket down and sure enough, there was a girl – motionless.)

'Y...ya! Hey you! Get out of my bed!'

(No response)

'I...I mean it! Get out of my bed!'

(Eun goes up to shake her awake, only to find that she was wearing nothing.)

'Gosh!'

(Eun quickly shuts his eyes and turn away, then slowly, ever so slowly, he pulls the blanket up again to cover her up.)

'Aish...who in the world put her here?'

(He tries patting her on her shoulder)

'Miss...um...miss? Are you alright? Can you open your eyes?'

(Eventually, that girl opens her eyes and sees Eun – she's young, very young, probably a few years younger than Soondeok. She was shocked and sat up immediately – shocked even more to find herself stripped entirely. She was shivering as she pulls the blanket up to cover herself.)

'Hey you...who are you? What are you doing in my bed?'

'I...I...'

'How did you get here?'