A trip?

Eun's diary

Should I be happy? Or should I be sad? Grandpa visited us yesterday and so I asked him if he'll let me go on a trip – traveling around Goryeo and seeing different things. If only mother hadn't suggested to bring Soondeok along! Yes, that's what she said! So in the end, grandpa said he'll only let me if Soondeok is to accompany me along the way. What fun is there to that? The reason I want to travel was to leave everything behind and relax! He gave me some dumb explanation saying I need someone to protect me. Yes, I agree Soondeok can keep me away from bandits and all, but I can just hire a bodyguard! Why...oh why? Maybe I should sneak out at night? And mother keeps taking Soondeok's side, like I'm not even his son! The women in this house are driving me crazy!

oh why? Maybe I should sneak out at night? And mother keeps taking Soondeok's side, like I'm not even his son! The women in this house are driving me crazy!

Soondeok's diary

Soondeok's diary

For some reason Eun stomped into the room as I was doing stretches today – I thought he was having tea with his grandpa. He seemed angry and won't do anything except tossing around on the bed. So I went to mother to find out what's going on. Turns out, Eun wanted to go on a trip but his grandpa said I will need to accompany the prince for him to agree. Sure I'm happy, but it would seem that Eun's not. I suggested hiring a body guard for the prince while I stay at home but mother wouldn't listen. I really don't see why not.

She then asked me this weird question, about whether or not I like his son's body. Heck, how am I supposed to know? I haven't even seen it, let alone touch it! I kept silent and she seemed to have understood something. Do adults always ask weird questions? I just don't get it! First the king, now mother...oh, if only my own mother was here, I can perhaps ask her what it all meant. When I returned to my room I saw Eun hiding something – but I can't see what it was, he slipped it into this sleeve-pocket the moment he saw me. Of course I'm curious as to what it was, but I don't plan to dig it up – after all, it's his things and he needs all the respect and privacy in this world.

I didn't get to meet his grandpa today, I suppose I should pay him respect next time he comes. Father said that Eun's grandpa fought together and established Goryeo with the king – I'd like to meet this amazing man myself. I'd love to listen to the stories he had to tell me about the time of war – surely it'll be exciting!

With such a great warrior grandpa, I wonder why Eun never liked martial arts...shouldn't he be like me? Growing up with the sword? Lots of questions, lots of unknown – if only he would tell me himself. We've never had a formal conversation since we got married – how long as it been? Almost a month now, yet I still can't bring myself to talk to him first. He didn't even call my name out once – it was always, 'you', 'hey', 'ya'...

Frankly...I haven't called him anything other than 'Prince'...should I call him 'Eun'? That seems disrespectful. 'Honey'? That seemed too...too much to handle. I think I'll just stick with 'prince' or 'your highness'.