I know who he is

Eun's diary

So many things just happened overnight. We lost our dog, our lovely pet, Mongryong. I didn't dare cry in front of my wife, how could I? She was the one who had to end his life so that he no longer had to be in pain. It's like she's lost her son, indeed, Mongryong was like our son. I can't write anymore, no words can express my feelings right now. Soondeok's been lying in bed since we got here, her eyes kept shut, her face to the wall, and occasionally there'd be tears rolling down. It's like I've been stabbed in the heart when I see her biting lips as she tries to cry silently, knowing I'd grow concerned if I hear her wail.

---------------------------------------

(Prince So outside the room they're staying, Eun comes out)

'Hyung-nim.'

'Eun-ah...so sorry to bother you but-'

'No, no you can't, hyung-nim.'

'Eun-ah.'

'I won't let you, hyung-nim, she's not ready. Please come back some other time.'

'But the investigation-'

'Did you see her last night, hyung-nim? DID YOU? She was crying her heart out! We've lost a son, hyung-nim! And now you're here to make us talk about it?'

'I understand...I completely understand. But that's the only way we can find the culprit, Eun-ah, if we don't catch him fast enough-'

'Please go. Come back tomorrow, when my wife's feeling better.'

'Eun ah.'

'HYUNG-NIM!'

(Just then, Soondeok stands between them – she's been so silent, neither of them noticed her approaching.)

Soondeok: 'So Oraboni, please come in.'

Eun: 'Honey!'

Soondeok: 'I'm fine, Oppa...would you mind letting Oraboni and I talk alone?'