I miss you

Soondeok's diary

My my! With a blink of an eye, it's spring already!!! It's been a while since I've last written. Mother's spending her spring and summer in the temples, she says she wants to get herself some fresh air. I've been spending much time in my old house, because my Onni just moved back! She said there's no point for her to live in the palace anymore after the king died and she didn't want to live under Queen Yoo's shadow so she moved out.

Come to think of it, thanks to Onni, I could meet Eun. It was on Onni's wedding day that I first saw Eun, that's when I started to like him. It pains me though, when I look at Onni now. How lonely she must've been, living in the palace all by herself, with no children. All of Onni's children died before the age of 3...which left a trauma in her so deep that she started to have hallucinations. One day she said she heard her son calling on the roof so she got up there, but she slipped and fell down, she hasn't been able to walk since. My poor Onni...that's why I've been spending all my time with her now, hoping to cheer her up. She seems to be feeling better now, her mind being more stable after she had left the palace, to this I'm grateful. Eun's not so happy though, he's mad at how I've been spending all my time elsewhere instead of playing with him. But I think he understands, after all, every morning before I leave, he would wake up to see me off, no matter how early it is.

Prince So told me about Eun's past...I really want to help him out of it, the way he had helped me out of mine. Is there any way I can help him without him knowing that I know? Maybe, if I go through the official records of that as well, I'll be able to find the real criminal and prove to Eun that he's not cursed. I really need to go to the palace then – I need to find out the truth. Every time he smiles at me or jokes around, I had to force myself to smile at it now...because I know the pain he hides within. I will help him, I will help him with love – my love will be able to get him out, it has to.

Eun's diary

It's really too much! I can let it go if Soondeok's just spending her daytime with her sister, but now she even sleeps over at her old house now! For 3 days, she hasn't returned to sleep! I hate her for that, for leaving me all alone. I wanted to ride with her so badly! It's spring time, the flowers are blooming and she's missing them! But I understand why she's doing that, her sister experienced many tragic things. Still...if only we can meet more often...maybe I should just go there myself. Yet I don't want to meet my scary father-in-law...

Oh Soondeok ah, can you just come home already? I miss your smile, I miss your hug, I miss your gentle words before bed...I miss you. She seems to have something on her mind too...her smile hasn't been the same since she came back from the hunt, I hope it's not because of her Onni.

Mongryong seems to miss her too, he's been sitting by the front door as if waiting for her to return. Mother's not here so the house is almost half empty...why did she have to bring everyone to have a holiday with her? There's nothing for me to do in my house now! I'm bored! Oh, if only Yixing were here!! Should I just visit my friends? Chanyeol is travelling now...Jongdae's busy with his hospital – flu's peak season...Kyungsoo's busy with the King's portrait, he has to paint one every year...

My nightmares are getting worse and worse...but I will get over it, I've always gotten over it. They are just nightmares...nothing else. I will not let Soondeok know, till the day I die, she will remember me as her cheerful Oppa, that's all I want.

Wait, is that Mongryong barking? Is Soondeok back?

------------------------------

(Eun wants to go out, but then Soondeok comes into the room)

'YA! Park Soondeok!'

'Your...your highness...I thought you're...out riding. You usually do, this time of the day.'