Under the tree

(Eun whispers from outside Soondeok and Haesoo's bedroom)

'Deok ah. Soondeok ah, you awake yet? Good morning~'

(No response. Eun whispers a bit louder)

'Soondeok ah, honey, you up yet?'

(Eun hears someone moving about inside the room so he waits for the door to open, yet it was Haesoo who opened it.)

'S...Soo ah.'

'Your Highness...is everything alright?'

(She tries to open her eyes as she is getting used to the sunlight)

'Oh, it's...nothing's wrong, I um...'

(Eun tries to take a look inside the room)

'Where...where's my wife?'

'Hm?'

(Haesoo turns around and sure enough, Soondeok's not there, her blankets and bedsheets nicely folded in a corner)

'I...I thought she had gone out with you, she said she would last night...'

'What did she say last night?'

'We were just chatting and she said she might take a morning stroll with you...I wonder where she is...'

'A note! Is there a note?'

(Eun starts to panic, he pushes himself in and tries to look for a note left by Soondeok)

'Your Highness, is this it?'

'Yes! Oh thank goodness! Where is she? Let me see...Aish! That girl is driving me crazy! I really need to put a bell on her or something. Thanks Soo ah!'

(Eun leaves without another word, the room suddenly feels empty again. Haesoo grins.)

'I'm glad Eun is taking good care of her now...'

(Haesoo said to herself as she folds her blanket up, pondering upon the memories when she first came to Goryeo, how Eun loves to play with her back then...)

------------------------------