A few more photos were taken out in the garden, then we were ready to set off.

When Skai and I walked into the gymnasium, the blaring music, sweltering heat and indescribable stench of B.O. felt like a slap to the face. There was a thick crowd of teenagers bobbing in sync to the beat with teachers watching from the outside with a bored expression on their faces. Skai squealed once she caught sight of her friends and dragged me over to greet them. I couldn't remember any of their names, but they certainly could remember mine.

"Zak! Oh my God, you look amaaazing! Skai is soooo lucky to be going out with you!" One cried.

"Jesus, Zak, you make every other lad here look like a sack of potatoes!" Another gasped. Although the compliments were nice to hear, Skai obviously didn't agree as she swiftly pulled me away after bidding her friends goodbye.

"Sluts," she whispered under her breath, making me laugh rather loudly.

"Hey, hey! No need to get jealous!" I chuckled, snatching a kiss from her thinking that it's what a straight boy would do in my situation.

"I'm not jealous!"

"Yes, you are! Aw, you're blushing!" I poked further. She pushed me playfully, before asking if I wanted to dance. I accepted and we glided over to the dancefloor.

New Rules by Dua Lipa was playing and we jumped to the beat. Skai even attempted twerking against my crotch, at which I somehow managed go wiggle away from. For a moment, it felt as if I didn't have a single care in the world, I just enjoyed having fun with a girl I loved, even though it was only platonic.

It wasn't long before Brendon, Jacob and Sam came over, each with their respective partners. Sam's girlfriend, Becca, had actually come, too, all the way from Norwich, so it was nice seeing her after so many years. Brendon had brought a girl from his Biology class that he liked, as well.

Uptown Funk was next to come on, so me and the lads had the dancefloor cleared for our completely OTT strut. A few people had their phones out filming us and I heard Skai whistle a few times. Jacob, Brendon, Sam and I bopped to the rhythm, clicking our fingers, tapping out toes and just generally having fun. Halfway through the song, someone actually threw their bra at us, in all its lacey-pink glory, which landed straight on Jacob's head. He howled and Jasmine playfully glared at him from across the room.

After all the shits and giggles were over, Jacob and I went over to the bar to get us all some drinks. "Having fun, Zakary?"

"Yep, are you?"

"Uh huh, it's nice to just relax and have fun for once, isn't it?"

"Absolutely. Who knew Uptown Funk could be such a stress-reliever?"

We laughed and talked whilst we waited to get the drinks. There was quite a long line to get served, but we didn't mind.

"I still can't believe you brought Skai, though," he sighed, defeatedly.

"She's my girlfriend, Jacob," I dismissed.

"Yeah, I know. I just can't believe you still haven't made up with Finn yet, though."

"I've tried to but he won't talk to me. I haven't even seen him around school to force him to. I think I should probably just face the facts and move on - we're never getting back together."

"Oh, shut up, Taylor Swift, you just aren't trying hard enough. Tomorrow morning, go to his house, profess your love for him and pull your dick out. That'll get him back."

"Haha, thanks, mate. I think I will."

We got the lemonades and brought them back to the table where our friends were sat. I took the seat in between Skai and Brendon. My girlfriend instantly started running her foot up my leg under the tablecloth, which made me rather uncomfortable. She leant over to whisper in my ear and the stench of her perfume almost made me cough.

"What do you say we disappear to the bathroom for a few minutes?" She murmured, only just loud enough for me to hear over the music. If Finn was the one who'd said that, I'd be racing him to the loos by now. But it wasn't. It was Skai. And I really didn't want to ruin my night by having sex with her in a grotty bathroom stall.

Fortunately, though still unfortunately, a slow song came on, meaning it was time for the couples' dance. Smiling, I wrapped Skai's hand with my own and lead her back to the dancefloor. Chasing Cars by Snow patrol slipped out from the speakers, and Skai and I let our hips sway to the rhythm.

Her body was pressed close to mine under the glittering disco ball. My hands rested on her curvy hips, hers around my neck. She looked up at me with big, doe eyes, ones that could capture anyone if they were caught off-guard. I smiled, but not because of her. I smiled because I knew this was it. After this moment, it wasn't going to be Skai and I anymore, it was just going to be me. I'd let the relationship drag on way longer than what was necessary. Now it was time to do the right thing.

It was time to tell her the truth.

"Skai?"

"Mmh?" She was in a haze with the dreamy music and the warmth of my body.

"I'm gay."

She instantly stopped moving, her eyes even wider than before.

"Y-you're what?"

"Gay, Skai. I'm gay. I've known for quite some time now and it's taken me this long to buck up the courage to tell you. I love you, just in a platonic sort of way. I love Finley Renolds instead, so so fucking much! And I've gone and fucked it up big time, so if you'll excuse me." I ran off towards the exit, leaving her completely dumbfounded. I only got halfway down the corridor until I heard a voice shout "Hey!"

I spun around to see Skai. Tears were fresh on her cheeks, yet she was smiling. "I sorta guessed."

"You did?" I shouted back.

"Yeah. You kept looking at Finn like he was carved by an angel and it made me so mad. That's why I told you being gay was wrong that night. I was just jealous. But... if you love him... I understand."

"You do?"

"Of course, and I'm really happy you decided to tell the truth in the end."

"Well, I'm happy your happy."

We exchanged one final smile, before she turned to head back inside.

"See ya' later, limp dick!"

Wait a second...

She was gone too fast for me to question her. So I didn't, and just continued my sprint to Finley's house.

Song: 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol

A/N: Next chapter is the last one!💕