Forty

I'd always considered myself an extremely awkward human being. Though most people who knew me would disagree, my mind said otherwise. I had a lot of trouble trying to act normally, and even if my mask was obaque all the time, it still felt far too forced to be considered natural.

However, no amount of awkwardness could prepare me for the absolute jaw-clenching, most bone-wracking moment that had just unfolded before my very eyes.

Steph stood with her jaw on the floor at the doorway. I shot up, covering both Finn and my naked lower region. Blood poured immediately to my cheeks, a shakey smile spreading vaguely.

"What the fuck!?" Steph whisper-shouted.

"Um, hello?" I did try to settle the tension (if that was even possible), though it was destined to fail, right as I began to open my mouth.

"Are you guys-? Did you just-? Holy, shit, does Mum know?" She gasped, covering her eyes in the odds of a fleeing penis.

"Know w-what?" I stammered.

"That you two are fucking?!"

"No! And don't tell them! They still think I'm as straight as a bloody pole."

This had all taken place with Finley laying innocently at my side. He was chuckling to himself, obviously unphased by being caught after sex with a boy by said boy's sister. At least him and Steph had already met, or else this whole debacle would be ten times more awkward.

"Fine, anyway, why didn't you lock the fucking door?! Mum or Dad coulda walked in, then you'd be in deep shit."

"Yeah, well, I forgot! I got... distracted." I glanced over at Finn. He had a smug appeal on his face that was so obnoxious I wanted to kiss it away.

"I can fucking tell, dipshit! Look, this will be our secret, but you need to tell Mum and Dad soon, you can't keep lying."

I knew I would at some point, though I had hoped it would be sooner rather than later. I was still waiting until I was absolutely sure about everything to tell them. But now with Steph on my back, I figured that whole conversation may end up being sooner... much sooner, judging by the look on her face. However, that did mean I'd have to dump Skai prior, which is a whole other problem in itself. Oh, crap, when the hell did everything get so complicated?

"I know. Thanks for not telling, though."

"It's okay. Goodnight, loverboys," she winked, before stepping out my room and shutting the door behind her.

Well, at least it wasn't anyone else who caught us, I mentally sighed. I laid back down on the bed, now face-to-face with the blue-eyed boy. I counted the freckles on his nose and each of his eyelashes, as our fingers intertwined automatically.

"Well, that was rather amusing," he smirked.

"Shut up, cock cheese. I swear to God, if she tells anyone I'm just gonna go live under your bed and hide."

"Or..." He traced his hand up my arm, slowly. "You could live in my bed, with me."

"Mmh, that sounds good," I grinned.

"And we could fuck all night long, every day of the week."

"God, you're gonna make me hard again," I groaned.

"And what's the harm in that?" His lips inched closer to mine, his voice deepening a tad.

"No harm"

"Round two?"

"Fuck, yeah."

The next morning, things were eerie at the breakfast table. Finn and I sat side-by-side in our boxers, chewing intently at our cereal. Mum was talking to Finn about the usual stuff like school and how his family were. Bobby was flicking the strawberry jam from his toast at me, to which I defended myself by attacking him with Coco Pops. All until Steph took a seat and glared at us both.