Eighteen

I pulled up outside Skai's house. I promised I'd take her to the party, and for once I wasn't in a mood about it because I knew that I would barely spend any time with her anyway. My plan was to tell her to get us a couple beers, then I'd go and shit talk Brendon, Jacob and Matt until an argument broke out and I'd give those pricks a piece of my goddamn mind. After that, I'd make them apologize for their behaviour and we'd all be bum chums once again. I would have to make sure we didn't fall out, though. I relied on my best friends and if I fell out with Matt he could kick me off the football team with the click of his fingers.

Skai hopped out the house and into the passenger's side of Mum's car that I possibly snuck off with. "Hi, bunny!" She cooed, pecking the tip of my nose. "How are you!"

I glanced down at her wardrobe. A black boob tube tucked into a dark green mini skirt that barely reached past her arse. Her tits were practically spilling out her top at how tight it was. It took my best attempts not to wince at the sight. "I'm good."

"Great! I'm so excited! Tonight is gonna be so fun!"

"Yeah, I know. I can't wait."

"I heard there's a load of spare bedrooms. You think tonight we could maybe...?" Her voice was timid, as if she was scared to ask. But instead of lashing out at her, I just nodded. I knew we wouldn't get a chance to, seen as shit was going to go down. It makes me seem like a better boyfriend, at least.

"Wait... really?" She gasped.

"Well, yeah, if you really want to," I shrugged. It took all my effort not to smirk, knowing fine well I was only getting her hopes up for a major let-down. Hey, I'm the bad-guy, remember?

"Ohmygod, Zak!" She leant over the console to lay a big sloppy one on me. "Thank you! I was starting to think you didn't like me or something, but this really helps!"

"Anytime, sweetie. As long as you're ready, I'm ready," I smiled, starting up the engine of the car.

"I am. I am ready, Zak," she grinned.

"Then, yes, we'll do it."

We arrived to see that the party was in full swing. Music blared out every window and red plastic cups and beer cans were scattered over the front lawn. Teenagers were dancing and chatting obnoxiously all over the place. Skai squealed slightly before jumping out the car. I followed her out much more casually. She hooked our arms together and we entered the house.

I glanced down at Skai and noticed a smug look on her face. It almost looked as if she was showing off about me. I mean, I know I'm hot and all but was that really necessary? I'm not an accessory. Just a possibly gay guy who's pretending to be head-over-heels in love with his girlfriend to sustain the acceptance of everyone in his life. Wow, that was deep.

"Hey, Skai, babe, could you go get us some drinks?" I asked kindly. Time to commence phase one of my grand plan.

"Sure, tiger lily. Beer or lemonade?" She questioned.

"You pick," I smiled, kissing her nose softly.

"Okayy." And then she tottered off in her five inch heels.

Alright. Here we go. No turning back now. I saw a couple stood by the stairs. The guy was leaning over the girl, whilst she twirled her hair in between her fingers. They were about to kiss when I approached them.

"Heyyy, guys!" I slurred. I had to pretend I was drunk otherwise my master plan could flop dramatically.

"Uh... hi," they said awkwardly.

"Enjoying the party?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess," the girl replied.

"Nice, hey, have you guys seen my pal, Brendon? I've been looking for him all night. Said he was coming."