Three

"Sweetie, wake up. You're going to be late for school," the sweet chorus of Mum's melodious voice called. I peeled open my eyelids and let golden rays of sunlight pour into them. My alarm clock read 7:30am. Sadly, I had to break free of the warmth of my comforter and slide out onto my bedroom floor, which was littered in dirty laundry and xbox controllers. I flicked on the light of my en-suite bathroom to review my reflection in the mirror. My dark hair was like a nest sat proudly on my scalp and my eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep. All night I thought of the blind boy from the restaurant named Finley. How his almost white hairs fell perfectly across his forehead and how the corners of his lips curled when he smiled. God, his lips were beautiful. I just wanted to lean in and...

I was brought back to reality when there was a boisterious thud on my bedroom door. "Zak, get your ass up now before I physically drag you out of bed by your ear!" Dad boomed.

"I'm up, I'm up! Jesus!" I huffed, prodding out of my room and down the staircase, following a pleasant smell emmitting from the kitchen. Mum was hovering over a sausepan, a coy smile spreading over her lips.

"I made your favourite," she chuckled. Mum placed a plate full of pancakes dripping in syrup on the table before me. My whole demeamor lifted at the sight of those thin slithers of Heaven.

"Thanks, Mum," I grinned, pecking her cheek.

"That's alright. Anyway, you never told me how last night went."

"It was alright, I guess. I didn't completely screw up," I shrugged.

"Aw, that's good to hear. You'd better keep that girl. She's nice. That last girl you dated was rather rude," Mum smiled.

"Hey! Grace wasn't all that bad!" I argued, Grace being my ex-girlfriend.

"Zak, sweetie, she always called you fat and never appreciated the fact that you treated her like the queen."

"I suppose, but she was pretty damn hot, though," I smiled to myself at the memories of her in her bathing suit that time we went to the beach.

"Are you talking about her face or her bum?" Mum laughed.

"That doesn't matter," I snarled. "I'm going to get changed." I rose to my feet, putting my dishes in the sink, and running up to my bedroom.

I threw on my school uniform - a white shirt with a red tie, a grey jumper, and ebony-black trousers. I slicked a comb through my soft hair and styled it in the stereotypical fuckboy quiff.

It didn't take long for me to be out the door, waving a quick goodbye to my parents. "I'll pick you up at three, honey!" I heard Mum call after, just as I left.

I walked on my own to school, since Jacob was busy with some girl he had a major crush on and Brendon was apparently ill, according to the text he'd sent me. I had my headphones slung around my neck with Skrillex playing.

It was fairly warm out, the sun's harsh rays beating down on my neck. Considering I lived in England, it was extremely hot compared to the usual grey skies and unforgiving downpour. At least the warm weather meant it was soon the Summer holidays, giving us six weeks off of school. It also meant I didn't have to deal with any girls over that period, since I was planning on dumping Skai on the last day of school. That way I wouldn't have to deal with her and her friends 24/7. Call me a dick, but I couldn't care less about her. She was irritating and rude and had no filter whatsoever. In fact, she should thank me because I wasn't actually planning on sleeping with her and then breaking it off the morning after. I don't think I could even deal with sleeping with her. If I woke up to that face the morning after, I might just be sick.

It's not that Skai isn't pretty. I mean, the girl is beautiful. It's just, the more I look at her, the more I realise that I can't stand being in a relationship with a girl. Crazy, I know. I don't even know what's going on with me at the moment. I just know that I've never been attracted Skai or any other girl I've dated/hooked up with for that matter.