Forty One

"Pass the bloody beer over, we're dying over here!" I whaled to Sam, who was furiously fiddling with a bottle opener in the kitchen.

"Jesus, Zak, I'm trying! It's fucking hard opening this shit!"

There were a group of us scattered around his living room. It was like a small party, a get-together. There was me, Sam, Brandon, Jacob, Jacob's brother from the year above and I'd also managed to convince Finn to tag along. He was sat on my lap with his hands around my neck.

Sam eventually came back into the room with a handful of beers. "Music?" He said.

"Fuck, yeah," Jacob bellowed, scooping a drink up from Sam's grasp.

Sam flicked on the stereo which began blaring tunes across the room. I took a drink for Finn and I, and began slurping it down immediately.

We talked, and danced, and drank well into the night. By midnight, I was drunk off my fourth bottle of beer and was screaming slurs like FINLEY, I LURRVV YOUU and WILL YOU MARRY ME, BABYYY? The alcohol made me extremely emotional, and at one point I was literally sat in the corner crying about how happy I was. Yeah, not my best moment.

Finn only sipped at his drink, for which I couldn't blame him after noticing the state I was in. In fact, by 2am, I couldn't remember my own name. The others were exactly the same, though, so it's not like I was just the crazy drunk who just tags along for the beer.

Gingerly, I lunged over to Finn from across the room and snaked my arms around his hips. "Hellooo, my gorgeous angel boyfriend lovely sunflower!" I smiled hazily.

"Hi, babe," he smirked. I caught his lips in mine for a long kiss before releasing.

"You having fuuunn?"

"Yes, and I'm assuming you are too?"

"Mmhm, you assumed correctly! Hey, baby?"

"Yes?"

"I luurrvv youuu!"

"I luurrrvv youu, too," he mocked playfully.

"Aww, you are legit the best boyfriend everrr, we should defo get married!"

"Maybe when you're sober, love."

"I'll take that as a yes! Hey, guys!" Everyone spun round to look at us. "Me and my baby are getting married! Woohooo!"

They all cheered, raising their glasses. I saw Finn blush out the corner of my eye, and it made me giggle between soft hiccups. He was so adorable, it made my heart flutter. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to call this kid my boyfriend. He was the most beautiful, most perfect person I'd ever met. And the fact that he felt the same way about me just blew my mind.

By 3am, I was too drunk to function. Finn thought it was best we leave, so we began our walk back to my place. Besides, Sam didn't live far from mine, so there wasn't much point in ordering a taxi.

"Hmm," I sighed, gazing up at the stars. "The sky is sooo pretty."

"I can't remember what it looks like," Finley said, and rather glumly so.

"Really? That's a bit shit, you're missing out. The stars are like little twinkly things across a big black screen of darkness!" I lulled, stumbling at every step.

"I bet that's nice to look at every night."

"Yup. Hey, one day it would be good to get your sight back."

"It would be, wouldn't it?" I could sense the sadness in his voice, but I was too intoxicated to process it.

"Yeaahh, and then you get to see how ripped I am and how big my dick is!"