Eleven

"Zakky baby!" Skai squealed from the other end of the corridor. I was busy throwing books into my lockers and fiddling with the awkward lock on the door. I glanced up in her direction to see her waving her arms frantically at me. She galloped over, throwing herself into my unexecpting arms.

"Hi, beautiful. How are you?" I smiled, stiffly.

"Oh, treasure chest, you shouldn't be asking me. You're the one who got beaten up on Friday. How's your face healing up? Still lookin' gorgeous as ever, I see," she fretted, tracing her fingers over my sharp cheekbones.

"I'm fine, honestly. The bruising healed up pretty quickly."

"Well, that's good. That John lad needs a serious beating himself," Skai sighed.

"Yeah, well, don't go doing something stupid. Leave the big boys to me," I said, poking her nose gently. She snorted.

"I don't trust you with 'the big boys'," she muttered, adding in air quotes when necessary.

"Well, you should. I'm hardcore as fuck after all."

"Really? Let's put that to the test," she purred, shoving her lips into mine.

I wish I could say I felt those infamous sparks people talk about in soppy romance films. Or that fireworks popped and fizzed above our heads.

But, in truth, it was the opposite. It felt exactly like what it was; two people ramming their tongues down each others throat in attempt to exchange saliva.

I kissed her back, though I hated to. Her breath smelt of pepermint, but it was far too strong, and her lipstick tasted disguisting. Fortunately for me, the bell rang, just as she slipped her hands underneath my shirt.

"Do you wanna walk home together after school?" She offered, gathering up her bags from the floor.

"Um... I've got football practice tonight." Nice lie, idiot.

"I thought it wasn't on on a Monday?" Why can I never think of any decent/believable lies?

"Er... not usually, but the coach wants me to stay back for some one-on-one support, or whatever," I shrugged nervously.

"Oh, makes sense. I guess I'll see you around then, teddy bear!" She waved, after bobbing my nose, then tottered off to her class.

"See ya'," I murmered. I threw my books into my backpack, slamming my locker door shut.

"Hey, teddy bear!" A tall boy cackled from beside me. I spun round to see Finn giggling a few feet away from me.

"Oh, shut it," I huffed.

"Ooh, someone's cranky. Is that because of a certain Skai Kelly, perhaps?"

"I... uh... yeah." There was no point denying it. He already knew I couldn't stand Skai from our first encounter.

"Haha, nice. I'm guessing that kiss wasn't as spectacular as all her squealing friends described?" He smirked.

"It was quite the opposite actually," I sighed.

"Aw, bless your little confused heart," he cooed, holding a hand to his heart.

"What do you mean by confused?"

"Oh, nothing, sweetie. You'll figure it out soon enough." I wish I knew what he was talking about. He looked so smug and cocky, I just wanted to slap that smirk off of him. But, at the same time, kiss him until he was lost for breath.

Where did that come from?

But his lips did look delicious. I could just catch them in mine and they'd fit there perfectly. So smooth and velvety, almost like chocolate. And those eyes, oh God. They're like two lakes of fresh water that I'd happily drown in any day. Or night.