Twenty Nine

It was safe to say I regretted everything that happened last night. Skai's naked body lying limp in my arms made me realize that. God, why am I so stupid? I just used her again, something I was trying to avoid doing. I deserve the title 'worst boyfriend ever' in all its miserable glory.

Skai groaned, then stretched out her arms, before turning to face me. "Morning, Love," she smiled, voice scratchy.

"Morning. Sleep well?"

"Very. You're so warm, mmh." She curled in closer to me.

"Listen, me 'n the team are gan (going) out for breakfast soon." That was meant to be a hint for her to leave, but apparently those don't exist to Skai.

"Oh! I'll come along!" She gasped.

"I don't know, it's more of a guys thing really."

"Please, Zak!" The girl pouted.

"No," I stated. She could probably tell I was a bit off, just chose to ignore it.

"For Christ's sake, Zak! You do this everytime! Everytime I feel like we get closer and start acting like we're dating, you just push me away all over again!" She was getting out of bed now and started throwing on her clothes.

"Babe, no, please," I insisted. Shit, she can't dump me. Zakary Peters doesn't get dumped, he does the dumping.

"No! Let me talk! Zak, I love you, so so much, but all you give me is the occassional grunt and a side hug! I just want you to love me the way I love you! Is that too much to ask?"

"Yes, Skai, I know I've been a dick to you, but you know how wrapped up I am in my own head. I scare myself and forget what I do actually have in front of me. Please, baby, I do love you, just give me a second chance!" I begged.

She looked at me for a moment, like she was contemplating accepting my apology. Then a hazy yet stern expression crossed her face.

"No. I think we should take a break, Zak. Cool off, then we can re-think it in a couple of days, alright?" I wasn't upset at all, so this entire act of desperation was really pulling the strings of my lying ability.

"If that's what you want, I'm okay with that."

"Okay, well, I guess I'll see you around." Then she moped out of my room and hopefully my life.

I guess now is a bad time to mention that the breakfast thing wasn't real. I just wanted an excuse to get her to leave. But now I don't really need an excuse, do I?

Sighing, I grabbed a pair of clean boxers and slipped them on. I went downstairs and saw Bobby and Steph playing with toy cars. Mum was cooking in the kitchen and I assumed Dad had already gone to work.

"Mornin'," I grunted.

"Zak, I just saw Skai storm out. You didn't piss her off, did you?" Mum asked.

I nodded.

"For God's sake, Zakary, everytime! What did you do this time?"

"She said I was distant a lot and whenever we got close I just pushed her away again," I muttered.

"Aw, my baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I don't really care."

Steph got up from the floor and walked over to us. "You sure?" She questioned.

"Yep."

"Okay, I guess now you're free to other options. Maybe you want to go for someone different? That way you might find yourself in a more comfortable relationship?" Is that bitch trying to out me? Well, she can fuck off.

Mum looked at us, confused.

"Thanks, Steph," I said through gritted teeth. "But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with different. I might just stick with my usual type of girl."

"Okayyy, but I'm just letting you know, it is your choice, Zak. Don't love someone who isn't right for you just because people tell you to."

"Don't you see I'm trying? I'm dying on the inside and it fucking sucks. It is terrifying to know people will hate you if you are the real you."

"I know, but you're gonna have to face your fears at some point."

"I have! By telling you! And by kissing someone who was completely out of my comfort zone!"

"You kissed them?"

"Yes! And it fucking ruled!"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Didnt come up, I suppose," I shrugged.

"Did they like it?"

"Yeah, we were gonna hook up but I pussied out."

"You two do realize I'm still here," Mum chuckled. "Also, why do I feel like you too know more than what you let on?"

"I don't know," I smiled sweetly. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. "I'm going out."

"Not like that, you're not," Mum sterned.

"Well, I'm obviously not gonna in my boxers. I'm get dressed first."

"Okay, that's fine."

I ran upstairs, finishing off the last of my apple, and threw on a t-shirt and joggers (sweatpants). I raced out the door and hopped into my car. I didn't know where I was going, I just planned on driving really. My head was fuzzy with my spinning thoughts, mainly about what I was going to do next.

I set my foot down on the pedal and sped off down the road. I lost track of how long I was driving for, until the radio announced it was 4:01pm. I'd been out for around five hours just exploring the city.

Once again, my thoughts flickered back to Finn. What was he doing right now? Maybe he was with Georgie getting his hair re-dyed? Or with his sister, Erika, listening to music in her room? Either way, I bet he was looking as gorgeous as ever. I could imagine those twinkling blue eyes shimmer in the bright sunlight. Those poised hands of his tapping at his knees like he does when he's fed up. I could imagine him humming the chorus of Open Season by Josef Salvat dully but on the inside he is having an absolute bop. I would text him, but he wouldn't be able to reply unless he had company. Instead, I chose to pull over and ring Georgie. I hadn't spoke to her in a while so why not?

"Hey, ma G." She hated when I greeted her like that.

"Prick. What's up?" She replied.

"Nout (nothing), just called to see what you're up to." I said.

"Oh, nothin' much. I'm with Ellie at my house."

"Finn not with you?"

"You're obsessed, aren't you? Haha, no, but we're meeting him and Jack later to go shopping for prom stuff."

"Mind if I tag along? I've got nout else to do." I was secretly praying she'd say yes. I'm desperate to see Finley and tell him everything that happened.

"Um, I guess that's okay. Meet us at my house in like an hour," Georgie stated.

"Alright, see you then."

"See ya', Zak." And she ended the call.

Song: 'Do I Wanna Know' by Arctic Monkeys

Sort of a short one oops. Also, is this really the end of Skai and Zak's relationship? Hmmmm.