Nineteen

I left the bedroom looking a little worse for wear. My hair was a wild mess from Skai running her hands through it so many times and my clothes were wrinkled from being discarded with so little care. My thoughts were fuzzy, making very little sense. What the hell just happened? Did I just fuck Skai Kelly, the most popular girl in school? Surely not, but it felt so real. The bitter smell of her expensive perfume still lingered on my body. Every breath I took, more guilt engulfed me. What the fuck was I doing? Why did I let her do that to me, knowing fine well I wouldn't enjoy it just like I didn't enjoy being called her boyfriend? I knew I was in deep shit and there was no getting out of it now.

Speaking of deep shit, I heard a very angry collection of boys howling my name. "Oi! Peters! Where are you, you little fucker!" Presumably Matt spat. Biting my lip to hold down a smirk, I gazed up to see the team captain stride up towards me, red-faced.

"Hi, Matty, fancy seeing you here!" I said, playfully. I think it's safe to say I enjoyed a bit of fun, especially when it came to shit-stirring. The look on Matt's face was priceless, a vein bulging out the corner of his forehead.

"Cut the shit, Zak, I know it was you who turned the team against me!"

"Me? No! I'd never do something like that! Unlike you, I protect the people I care about, even when it comes to looking after their blind friend who is completely vulnerable whilst being beaten up to the point where he could've died," I shrugged with pursed lips.

"Don't tell me, this is some petty-arse revenge scheme for me teaching your little boy-toy a lesson? 'Coz if it is, you've got another thing coming, Peters. Your friend won't know what's hit 'em," Matt seethed, face inches away from mine. He was the same height as me, so he wasn't exactly intimidating. However, his breath wreaked of Jack and peppermint and made my nose sting.

"Go ahead, but know if you lay a finger on Finley I'll make sure you never set foot on that pitch again, and that's a promise," I warned.

"Like shit could you do that," Matt cackled, though I could tell he was nervous. He knew I had connections. He knew I was smart when it came to revenge. He knew my threat wasn't just a bluff.

"Oh, I could, and I know you know I could. Face it, Matthew, you're out of your league in this one. Leave Finley alone and we won't have any problems now, will we?" I smirked. The look of defeat in his eyes told me I'd won. Victory was sweet, almost too sweet. Nothing could stop the ear-to-ear grin cracking across my lips.

"Fine, whatever, Zak. Can we call truce?" He took a step back, offering me his hand.

"Truce." I shook it, graciously. "Let's forget about all of this and start over."

"Deal."

I turned to face the crowd that had gathered before us. Jacob and Brendon stood wide-eyed beside Skai who looked equally as confused as the rest of the gathering.

"Zak..." Jacob was first to speak. "I'm sorry, really. I had no fucking clue you were so close to Finley. If you really want us to lay off him, we will. We just thought he was pissing you off and we wanted to help. I get it if you hate us now."

I took a step towards the slightly younger boy, placing a hand on his and Brendon's shoulder. "It's chill, guys. Just... don't do it again or I seriously will dump your arses on the curb. And we all know you'd be nothing without me," I snarked.

"Erm! I beg to differ. Without us you'd be begging for dosh on the streets, man!" Brendon snorted.

"Eh, whatever," I shrugged. "But the point is, you guys are my best friends, and I love you, but you need to respect my other friends just as much as you respect me."

"Done," the two said in unison.

"Great! Now that's settled, time to really kick off this sesh! Who's up for shots?" A cheer shooted from the crowd and they all followed me into the kitchen for drinks.

Tonight was going to be great.

I was hungover.

Completely and utterly hungover.

I peeled open ny eyelids, hissing at the morning rays of sunlight pouring in through the crack in the curtains. My head pounded, my brain being squeezed inside my skull. I laid on the floor of the living room, along with many other party-goers, including Skai, who was tangled up in my arm. I noticed Jacob sprawled across one of the red leather sofas with a bottle of whiskey hanging out his left hand. A thick trail of saliva trickled down his chin as gentle snors tickled the back of his throat. He certainly wasn't a cute-sleeper.

I struggled up off the carpet, stretching every possible limp, before trudging off to find my phone. I spotted it on the kitchen worktop, unlocking it and checking for any texts or missed calls. There was one phone call from Georgie. That was weird, Georgie never rang me.

I swiftly dialled her number and held the device to my ear. She was quick to pick up. "Yello?"

"Hi, it's Zak, you called earlier?" She obviously hadn't checked the caller ID before picking up.

"Ohhhhhh, yeeaaahh. Finn wanted to say hi and ask how you were doing in your revenge scheme. I'll put him on now if you want," she said chirpily. The mention of Finn's name released a hundred butterflies into my stomach. An uncontrollable smile wiggled its way onto my lips.

"Okay." There was a muffle on the other end of the phone, before a male voice spoke.

"Hey, it's Finley," he greeted.

"Hi, Finn."

"Oh, hi, Zak. Everything okay?"

"Yup, swell. I was just calling you back. I saw that you phoned before," I grinned.

"Oh, yeah. Did you get your bittersweet revenge?" He chuckled.

"Mmhm. The lads promised they won't pick on you no more. Sooo you're welcome!"

"Great! Thank you so much! You're literally a lifesaver," he sighed contently.

"No problem. Hey, do you wanna go to the park later or sumet? I'll pick you up at your house," I offered. I really wanted to see him. I didn't even know why.

"Um... yeah, okay. I guess I'm not busy," he agreed.

"Great, I'll be there at one." And with that I hung up.

It wasn't much longer until the others awoke. I offered Skai a lift home. She agreed and before long we hopped into my car and drove off.

All I could think about was Finn. His beautiful smile, his silky soft hair, but then I remembered my girlfriend was sat beside me and I decided to stop thinking before I could get too excited.

I pulled up at Skai's house. "I had fun. But my head's pounding," she smiled, reaching for the handle of the car door.

"Me too. See ya' Monday?"

"Of course, pumpkin. I already miss you!" She hollered just before leaving the car and running up to her front door. She waved at me cheerily and then disappeared inside.

My mind immediately flickered back to the boy I was going to be meeting in less than two hours.

I couldn't wait.

Song: 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)' - Katy Perry lmaaaooo

A/N: HEY KIDZ IM BAAAAAAAAACK AND HAVE A SHIT LOAD OF IDEAS WOOOOO!!!