Thirty Nine

"Fuck, that was good," Finley panted, collapsing beside me in the bed.

"Ssh, my parents will hear," I whispered. The sheets were swept around our naked bodies, Finn's sweating skin resting on my own. Moonlight crept in through the crack in the window, loosely illuminating my bedroom. The house was pretty silent, despite the fact that my entire family was home.

My parents were in the room down the hallway, Steph and Bobby opposite. I prayed that they hadn't heard our moans, or else I would be outed and we all know how shitty that would be. Steph still doesn't know me and Finley are dating and sexually active, but she does know we have the hots for each other. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if she heard, as long as she didn't tell anyone.

"It was." My hand brushed over his spine as I stared up at the ceiling. Suddenly, the curves of the paint where the most interesting things to me - apart from Finn - as I scrutinized the patterns.

I just laid there, engulfed in my boyfriend's arms, thinking. Thinking deeply about practically everything. How the blankets around us were made. How lucky I was to have those blankets to sleep under in the first place. How my parents had collected the money to give me these luxeries. And how soft Finn's skin was against my own. You probably already know how often my mind wanders, though now my head was becoming hazy with such sensitivity.

Then I began to think about what Finn was thinking. Was he pondering the softness of my skin, or rather questioning why the hell he was letting his head rest on the chest of the biggest fuckboy he'd ever met? That's what I'd be thinking, after all. I didn't even understand why he liked me; all I'd ever done was treat him like shit since the first time I'd laid eyes on him. If I was him, I would've ran and never looked back. Yet he hasn't. I really need to give that boy more credit for dealing with all my crap, he must've really had a high tolerance with people.

"Hmm, I can't sleep. Can't we just talk, instead?" Finn uttered, his hot breath tickling my flesh.

"We can talk, if you want. What about?"

"I don't know, stuff?" He shifted over so he was now facing me, his chin placed on chest. He looked so adorable, I couldn't contain my smile. At least he couldn't see me, or else he'd probably think I was mental or some shit.

"But what kind of stuff? I can't read your mind, baby," I laughed. He pouted, slightly, and I felt my heart throb.

"Um, how 'bout we play twenty one questions?"

As soon as he mentioned that game, I was brought back to that party a few months ago. I remember sitting in a circle in the basement of Matt's house. There was me, Jacob, Brendon, Sam, this girl named Lucia, Jasmine (Jacob's current girlfriend) and lastly Skai, who was opposite me. We had began playing a weighty game of twenty one questions, after Skai's suggestion. Since there was seven of us, we'd agreed on three questions each, purely because we were all far too drunk to actually answer a full set.

Throughout the entire game, Skai had been practically drooling over my muscles bulging through my top and how I flipped my hair every now and then. I flashed her a smile when I caught her staring, and she blushed furiously. I figured she was pretty fit, considering I'd heard Matt gushing about the size of her boobs in gym earlier that week.

They were pretty big, mind. The way they squeezed out of that tight little dress she wore could turn any straight guy on. Except me. I still thought of myself as straight at that point, too, so I was just acting from what I'd seen my best friends do with their girlfriends. So, when it was Skai's turn to be asked a question, I took any chance I had to flirt.

"How do you always look so sexy, especially in that dress?" Cringey, I know, but it was the best my drunken mind could come up with.

"Haha, wouldn't you like to know?" She'd purred.