namjoon - request

thank you so much -MinNamjoonie- for requesting this imagine, i hope you enjoy. also um kinda realised that for the request chapters i forgot to do the whole (member) - request thing as the title so just check the note at the top to see if it's a request...oops. Also in search of names for my fans (i feel cocky saying that)...anything will do, just want to give you guys a collective name 💕💕

"Hey, gumdrop. What's up?"

To an unsuspecting passerby, the cute nickname and hair ruffle that occasionally comes with it, would be classified under the 'dating' category. Unluckily for you, it's not.

Kim Namjoon is your friend. Nothing more and nothing less.

"Nothing much, what's up with you? Your face is all red, Joon."

He swats your hand away in annoyance, only to grab again later. You laugh, giving him an impatient look.

"Hara. Park Hara. I think I like her."

You've always wondered how it feels to sink. Like the titanic or a test object in one of those science experiments. The way your heart sinks to the bottom of your stomach is enough to put you off the curiosity of it.

You should be happy for him, over the moon in fact. You would be, if it were any other girl. Park Hara is what's known as Satan's spawn. She's known for her nasty remarks and ability to spread rumours around like wildfire. As well as that, she's about as gorgeous as a Greek goddess.

Which sucks, in reality because it means that Namjoon won't notice you in that way.

"That's...great."

He cracks out laughing, nodding excitedly.

The next lunch, you find Hara sitting in your spot at the table. Letting it roll off your back, you take another seat, smiling as Namjoon introduces the two of you. She goes on and on about how much she's heard about you and that she's finally met you and feels good about your friendship until he leaves.

"Listen up, bitch. Namjoon's cute which means I calls dibs. That means you can't be around. I want your filthy ass away from him."

"No. I don't have to listen to you."

You spot Namjoon walking back, the paper bag in his hand probably for Hara. She scowls at you, resorting to fake laughter when he sits back down.

A few weeks later and he's still infatuated with her. Now, everything you do with him, she's hovering around like a pesky fly. It's about time you bring it up.

"Namjoon? Can I talk to you?"

He nods, walking over to you with a soft smile.

"Look, I'm your best friend, yeah? I can tell you what's right and what's wrong and it's probably gonna sound weird but Hara is a mean bitch and I think you should stop with her."

He scoffs in disbelief, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Hara told me you'd do this. God, I told her I trusted you and you would never but here you are."

Tears fills your eyes, some spilling onto your cheeks.

"A best friend wouldn't do what you just did. Don't talk to me again, got it?"

He leaves with that.

Three years later and Hara and Namjoon have become couple of the year. They started dating after you had that fight with Namjoon and have been together ever since. Although, you still despise her.

You somehow manage to catch her with a new guy in the bathroom everyday. You won't tell Namjoon though. If he knows what's good for him, he'll leave her.

School is over so you decide to walk home instead of asking your parents to come pick you up. The walk is short but filled with thoughts. A shrill scream stops you.

"Y/N! You fucking slut!"

Hara stands a good few meters behind you, face red from anger.

"What?"

"Nothing, bitch, I'm just mad so why not take it out on you."

She scratches, kicks, pulls and punches you until you can barely breathe. You would've fought back if she hadn't had told you that she would be doing this to Namjoon if she hadn't had seen you first.

You're left in tears on the concrete, making your mind up on the spot. You cry the whole way there, hoping and praying that he's home alone.

You press the doorbell, completely exhausted from the walk. He opens it, smile big until he sees you but it's not for the fact that you're standing there, it's for the blood coming from your lip and the bruises around your eyes.

"What the hell happened? Who the fuck did this?"

You smile weakly, walking into his arms. He holds you gently, rubbing your sore back and bringing you inside.

"Who. Did. It?"

You wince but decide to answer him.

"I'm telling you truth so you have to believe me. Hara did it. She said it was either me or you."

Namjoon's jaw hardens as he grabs his phone, putting it on speaker.

"Hara. What the fuck? Why is Y/N beaten up?"

"Joonie, come on. She deserved it."

"You deserve nothing but hell, goodbye."

He hangs up and goes back to hugging you, apologising over and over again for everything that happened, especially for your fight.

"It's ok, Joonie."

He presses a kiss to your cheek as you fall asleep in his hold.