taehyung - request

thank you Avaered for requesting! i hope you enjoy and please request again 💕💕💕 also special shoutout to YoonglesGummysmile and hope_vocado for voting on bts imagines, please come and read this book if you enjoyed the first 💕💕💕

You don't suspect a thing when Taehyung places his arm around your shoulder, biting his lip nervously. You've noticed that throughout the past couple of days, he's been itching to get closer to you, gradually increasing the skin ship between you two. Coughing, you hope it can hide the slow blush rising to your cheeks.

"I've got to go, Y/N. See you at lunch." He removes his arm, taking all the butterflies he gave you with him. Sending you a goofy wave, he hikes his bag and walks down the hall, bumping into Jungkook along the way. You don't notice how long you've been staring at his back for until Jungkook turns and gives you a shy wave, snapping you out of your daze.

You return it with a smile and duck your head, weaving through the crowd awkwardly.

After class, you're left slightly disappointed when you don't see Taehyung waiting for you with his boxy grin and devilish charms. You jump when two hands grab you by the shoulders, a sweet laugh following the action.

"Jeon Jungkook!" He giggles some more, apologising profusely when you begin to hit him with your book. The boy then looks through the halls before hooking arms with you and walking away from the cafeteria.

"Noona, I've got a secret to tell you." He presses a finger to his lips, indirectly telling you that it's one you can't tell anyone. You nod slowly, making sure he can sense your scepticism.

"Someone has a crush on Noona but is too shy to tell her." Your eyebrows nearly fly off your head. You give him a quizzical look, searching his face for any signs of a lie.

"I can tell you who but you have to tell me if you like him back." You hurriedly nod, knots beginning to form in your stomach.

"Kim Taehyung." He whispers, looking you in the eye for your reaction. You, of course, can't believe your ears. How have you not picked up on your closest friend liking you? As if Jungkook can read your mind, he pats you on the back, shaking his head.

"Hyung is very good at acting. Every time he leaves you, he comes screaming to me about how he can't make a move because he's too shy. Now, your turn. Do you like him back?"

You can just imagine Taehyung stressing over something as simple as you. Jungkook taps his wrist as if he were wearing a watch, sending his message across clearly.

"Yes. Yes, I like him back." The younger jumps up and down in happiness, leaving you before you can ask him what's going to happen next.

The remainder of your day was spent cursing out Jungkook's name as Taehyung never once came up to you. On your walk home, you kick rocks to pass the time, wondering what Taehyung probably thinks of you now.

"That little brat, I'm going to kill him when-" You stop in your tracks, surprised to see Taehyung standing shyly in front of you. He smiles at the ground, shakily fidgeting with his hands.

"I'm sorry for not being able to come to you earlier but I had to calm down when I found out that you liked me back. I know this isn't as romantic as you deserve but I promise I'll be the best  I can be for you so will you be my girlfriend?"

You blink a couple of times before bursting into a giggling fit. He watches in silence, stunned by your reaction.

"Kim Taehyung, you idiot, of course I'll be your girlfriend."

He smiles and attacks you in a hug, knowing he's never going to be happier.