BTS (final) 🎅🏼

authors note at the end, please read

You hate Christmas. It's known around the Bangtan household that the holiday brings back bad memories that you'd rather keep to yourself. The boys respect your choice and have ignored the holiday for the past three years that you've been their eighth member.

It makes you feel bad that they can't celebrate so this year, you decide to put your memories behind you to celebrate with your family.

"Guys, can you stay back for a sec?" You ask just as the group begin to leave the rehearsal space. It's the first of December and according to your calculations, it should be enough time for them to prepare.

"What's up, Y/N?" Jungkook questions, slinging his arm over your shoulders.

"Well, I feel bad for not letting you guys celebrate Christmas so do you guys wanna do it this year?"

You nervously look up to see the seven exchanging looks of worry. Hoseok's gaze lands on you.

"Are you sure? We don't want to pressure you if you aren't ready."

You wave your hands in the air, the smile that makes the fanboy's hearts go wild tugging your lips upwards.

"No, it's totally fine. I want to try this year."

Hoseok screams in joy, bringing you in for one of his signature hugs. The rest join in, laughing at the way you struggle to feel comfortable.

A few weeks later and the house looks so festive that you sometimes walk in and leave, thinking you've entered the wrong place. Presents are scattered underneath the tree, tinsel decorates said tree and variations of Santa hang from every wall.

You can't help but chuckle every time you look at them.

It's time for the big day and you lay wide awake in your bed, awaiting any sign of someone else leaving their room.

You sit up at a knock.

"Come in?"

Jimin and Taehyung stick their heads in, smiling goofily at you.

"Hey, just wanted to see if you're ok. Everyone else is up." You nod, smiling warily at them as you slip out of the covers and brush past them. Taehyung's fingers latch around your wrist, tugging you back into his chest.

"Don't let it get to you. If you forget about it, it will be so much more enjoyable, ok?" He presses a kiss to your forehead, satisfied with the nod you give him.

You run out into the living room to see everyone talking amongst themselves, each one clad in the ugliest Christmas sweaters you've seen. You burst out laughing, resorting to rolling on the floor when Namjoon hands you your own.

"You have to wear it." He scolds, helping you stand before slipping it over your head. Yoongi then hands you a plate of food, ruffling your hair before wishing you a Merry Christmas. You return it, smiling as you sit between the youngest and oldest.

"Alright, time to open the presents."

One by one, the boxes are handed out. They all get opened, the smiles on their faces bigger than you've ever seen before. Guilt eats away at you for keeping this from them. Suddenly, you feel your heart growing for the holiday. Spending it with these boys has changed your views on it.

"Y/N? Your go."

You smile brightly as you open the box. Inside is a small, leather book. In bright letters stuck to the cover, it reads:

"Three years with Y/N." You smile, flipping through the pages. Each one has photos, stories and jokes from each member that count towards their favourite times with you.