namjoon

beware; angst ahead :(

"I'm sorry, Miss Y/N, but there is nothing we can do anymore. The treatments are no longer working for you."

You nod slowly, wringing your hands together in sadness. You wish you had Namjoon beside you to whisper comforting words in your ear and tell you that he'll be by your side until the end but his warmth isn't with you. In fact, he has no clue about your illness and thinks that you are with your family for the weekend, which is true.

You shed tears as a nostalgic smile makes its way onto your face.

"Y/N! Wait!"

You turn to see Namjoon sprinting towards you, holding out your bracelet, the one he got you for your birthday.

"Almost forgot this, babe." You facepalm, allowing him to slip it onto your wrist. He chuckles, wrapping his arms around your waist as his face digs into the crook of your neck.

"Have fun at your parent's place, ok? When you come back, I want to take you out for dinner."

You nod wordlessly, subtly tightening the hug around him. He lets you go, ruffling your hair sweetly.

"Go, you'll be late."

You drag your suitcase along the pebble path, biting your lip as you run after him again.

"Joonie, I love you."

He chuckles again, pushing you off him jokingly.

"I know. I love you too, Y/N! See you when you get back."

You twist the bracelet mindlessly, watching the trees blur together as your parents drive you home from a day out.

"Sweetie, Namjoon called. He said he is excited to see you and wants you to call back."

You nod, afraid to tell your mother that you won't make it until then but decide to call Namjoon back anyway.

"Y/N! What are you doing?"

"Nothing, Joonie. Wanted to talk to you, that's all. Have I missed anything?"

He rambles on about something he broke while you close your eyes, picking up on every detail that makes up his voice. Your breath begins to shorten out and you smile, happy that when you pass his voice will be the only thing you hear.

"I love you, Joonie." He chuckles on the other end, throwing back the sentence at you. The phone starts to feel extremely heavy so you lay it down next to you, turning the speaker phone on.

"Baby, are you ok? You just sound sad. Did something happen?"

You let out a breathless laugh, curling your body up on the couch, fingers hooking around the bracelet.

"No, no, I'm fine. Just keep talking, ok? I love you."

"Love you too. Y'know, I seriously am missing the way you snuggle into my arms when you want to watch the moon, can you see the moon there?"

"Yes."

You hear shuffling before he breathes into the phone, your fading breaths matching his.

"I think the moon is like you. Just absolutely perfect. Y/N, I love you a lot. I'll be forever by your side."

You smile peacefully, all feeling in your body leaving with your last exhale.

"Y/N? Y/-"