taehyung (pt 3)

PART THREE OF ANGEL

March 23rd, 2013

Taehyung slides his tray down in front of you, smiling goofily as he places his bag on the seat next to him.

"Well, well, my zombie looking best friend, what's up?"

You groan, barely able to lift your head off the table. He chuckles, patting your head sweetly before starting his lunch. The smell gets to you so you get your head off the table and give him your best set of puppy eyes, resisting the urge to laugh when he stares at you innocently, cheeks filled with food.

He swallows and finally gets what you want, patting the space next to him. You giggle, sliding in next to him, accepting the spoon he holds in front of your lips.

"What's got you so down that you couldn't even get up to get lunch?"

You take another bite of his food and sigh.

"I flunked my history test but I swear the teacher is out to get me." He gasps, eyes widening at the news.

"How? You never fail anything and you studied damn well for it."

Your heart flutters. Your grandma used to tell you that it's the first sign of knowing you like someone but it's been happening for years and you haven't been able to progress from the 'heart flutter' stage. Only difference is that you have a better understanding of a relationship now that both you and Taehyung are 14.

"I know. It's so annoying. She's letting me retake it though so my weekend is booked."

He pouts, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

"We had the movie though. Don't worry, it's ok. I know you're going to feel bad so how about I help you study?"

The fact that he knows you so well makes you smile so you nod, always snatching up any opportunity to hang out with him although it isn't that hard to.

He waves bye from the hall doors and watches as you leave his line of vision before he makes his way to class.

"Hey, you!"

You look behind you to see who in the hell this person is talking to, gulping when you notice it's you. A scary looking student stands in front of you, arms folded across his chest.

"Yes?" you squeak out, backing yourself stupidly into the lockers. The crowd immediately disappears, leaving you to fend for yourself.

"A little birdie told me that you are smart. I need all my work for this year to be done but I just ain't got the time. It seems that my choice will be letting you do it."

You furrow your brows in anger, clenching and unclenching your fists.

"Look, I d-don't think that's a g-g-good idea."

He stiffens, shooting you a warning glare.

"Did you just say that my idea isn't good? You stupid, little bitch, I'll show you what a stupid idea is."

He raises his fist, your hands going to cover your face.

"Hey! Drop the meat sack, fatzo."

The male drops his hand, turning to the side to show you and himself who said it. Taehyung stands darkly down the hall, gaze locked in on you. The pit of your stomach churns, feeling sorry for these guys.

"Aw, look at her boyfriend coming to save her. What are you going to do, buddy?"

Taehyung growls, dropping his bag as he begins running at full speed. Your heart pounds as he slides across the tiles and knocks the boys over, smiling at the groan of pain leaving their lips. He stands, looking down as if asking if they want more.

The boys scramble off, muttering incoherent swear words to express their pain. You tremble as Taehyung makes his way to you, the anger in his eyes replaced with concern.

"You ok? Those guys are bitches, don't do what they say."

Your stomach churns more, the heart fluttering making it worse. You throw yourself into his arms, thanking him over and over again. He laughs, accepting your gratefulness with open arms. It never ceases to amaze you how much happiness his laughter brings you.

The churning in your stomach begins to die down to a more pleasant feeling as Taehyung releases you to look down on you. He tilts his head to the side and smiles, showing off his boxy grin.

"Let's get you to class," he mutters, voice soft and light.

Butterflies, you realise, the next stage is butterflies.