~ I Gonna Follow My Heart Right Back To You ~ ( Part 3 )

The sun was rising. Poppy slowly opened her eyes, she realized that Branch had taken her to his little house. She had probably fallen asleep against him. The events of that night came back to her mind and she began to cry as she wrapped her arms around the body of the gray troll that was still sleeping. Branch opened his eyes a few seconds later and whispered, pressing her forehead against hers:

- Poppy, not be sad. Poppy not well and Branch going console her.

Branch began to whistle like a bird. He whistled an air that Poppy recognized as a song called '' True Colors ''. The pink troll thought he must have learned it when he was young.

Later Trolls came looking for Branch. The gray troll who understood what was happening hid behind the princess, moaning.

- He does not walk on his legs? So we have to respect the orders ...

Branch groaned even more horribly than the others. Poppy leaned over and hugged him, trying to hold back tears. Branch did not like to see tears on her face, he licked one to chase it and Poppy laughed softly.

- You have to go back to the forest, do you understand? I'll come back for you, I promise you ...

Branch start crying too, he squeaked in despair:

- Promise? he asked

The princess rose to avoid answering. Branch sighted Creek watching them from afar, a triumphant smile on his face. He moaned and followed a yellow-skinned troll to a giant insect.

- Climb in the Caterbus! he ordered.

He obeys.

A few hours later, the trolls brought out the wild troll. Branch sniffed the floor before turning to his old friends, moaning. The Trolls left without even looking at him, leaving him alone in the forest.

- Hello? he whispered

Nobody. Branch sniffed the ground again, then finally found an odor he knew well; his. He followed it and a few minutes later he was in front of his old lair. He went inside and lay down in his pile of moss.

- Poppy said she will come back for Branch, Boom Boom. he added as he felt the strange feeling come back tickling his stomach.

But it was too long. He stood up, moaning. He did not see his bud from here ... He felt the panic coming quietly to him:

- Poppy may be danger? he said to himself loudly.

He remembered '' Fish '' and his mouse that smelled the bay of yew, a poison berry that would have killed him in a few seconds ...

He got up immediately and made a bag that he filled with something he had collected over the years: his dough to wash his teeth, medical plants ... when he was sure to have everything, he went out from his burrow, looking for the smell of other trolls, and so, would lead him to the village.

It was going to be a long trip ...

* * *

Poppy was sitting in Branch's little house. He had been gone for 2 days and he was missing her terribly. Had he ever forgotten her as he had obviously forgotten how to walk? She buried her face in her hands.

- Poppy?

She raised her head, her father approached her and helped her up before hugging his daughter.

- I miss him, dad. I want him to come back!

- I know, but he has bitten Creek and now everyone is scared of him ...