~ Loosing Hairs ~

- LOOSING HAIRS -

It was a quiet night, pretty clouds flowing in the night sky, thin enough to see the stars through them.

In the royal pod, Queen Poppy was moving in her sleep... Her body was cold, and usually when it was cold, the best remedy was the warmth of the one she had choosed to be her king...

You guessed who it was, right?

- Hmm... Branch?... Her quiet voice was heard.

She patted the side of the bed where Branch used to sleep by her side every night... But it was empty. Poppy got confuse, opening her beautiful pink eyes... Branch wasn't there.

She checked the clock... 2 am.

It was 2 am and Branch was not there...

Worried, she sat up on the matress; Branch would always leave a note when he had to leave in a hurry...

But no note, not a single one.

Her heart started to beat faster, and her first thought after this was to check on the most precious thing Branch had bring to her.

She quickly got up... But panicked. Panic took over her when she saw the nest made of pink and dark blue hair completly empty.

Their egg wasn't there either !

Her breathe had got heavy, and she searched around for it; she had read in books that sometimes eggs could roll away by themselves by accident, but it was gone, and so was her husband!

- B-Branch? She squeaked louder.

He was not in the bedroom, so she went check in the rest of the pod...

She first checked the living room... Lot of stuff was all around on the ground; baby fournitures Branch and her had choosed for a baby... Like a cradle he was making himself. Soon they could fill it with blankets, pillows and some protective hair to protect their little one.

" Baby Egg is gonna love this" She could almost hear his tenor voice in her head, having a flashback of the sweet troll sculpting that cradle. Branch always called them 'Baby Egg' in a sweet, loving way, so did she.

She continued her search... And then her eye caught a light in the kitchen. She sighed in relief.

Branch was sitting at the table, his blue eyes half open, staring at the fragile shell of their baby... He had made a quick nest with their hair falling there and there, and was watching over it.

Sileny, she came over him... He looked worried, his eyebrows frowned in a uncertain expression. He wasn't touching the egg a single bit, even if normally he would just carry it in his arms around the village to excitingly show it to everyone.

- Branch?... She called his name.

His ear twitched, and his head turned to her, blinking in confusion;

- Hey, Angel, shouldn't you be asleep by now?

She giggled, taking a sleep quietly and sitting down next to him;

- I should be asking you this, she said, why are you still up?

She raised a hand, and he let her caress his dark blue hair softly; of course some of it fall down very easily, that poor exhausted soon father was again losing hair for the baby ! She put herself to work to clean the new charge of hair; they could use it to make a most comfortable main nest for the hatching.

- You need stop loose this much, she teased him, we have enough hair to make a whole new pod!

It was natural thing; before the hatching, parents trolls loosed a lot of hairs to make a nest for their egg... The problem was that Branch was giving way too much hair, and he couldn't control it. Every night she would brush them away and untangled his puffy hair.

- Sorry, it just won't stop... Branch grumble.

He was staring at the egg, and Poppy got confuse... Something was on his mind, she could read him like an open book, and loosing hair that much was clearly the proof of his stress.

- Hey... What's wrong? She murmured, passing a finger behind his ear to take away a rather puffy lock.

Branch eyes shoot open to her words, and he didn't dare look at her, looking at the egg, just staring at it.

It was okay, Baby Egg was okay... But why was he still so stressed? Why was he losing so much hairs ??

- I'm just... I'm just so worried... Branch finall whispered.

Poppy didnt talk, just keep took care of his messy mane, and letting him take the time he needed to find his words... After a minute, he continued;

- I'm... I'm scared, what if... What if our baby doesn't like me? Branch asked.

Poppy felt her heart break, she kissed his jawline, trying to reassure him as he kept talking;

-... What...What if I'm a terrible father, Poppy ? What if every possible thing that could go wrong actually happens..?

He sighed, he looked down, trying to not shake, Poppy gently stocked his cheek;

- There's so many possibilities... I just... I just wanna be the best father, but I'm afraid I won't do a good job... Im afraid I will fail at this...

Poppy stayed silent a few second more, feeling his pain... She kissed his forehead;

- Listen to me Branch... I get your fears... This is new for us and I am scared myself if I will be a great mother... But...

Gently, she took the egg in her arms, feeling its weight on her chest like a reassuring hug... It was the result of Branch and her... It was their baby, their love giving life... It was the most incredible thing in this entiere world to her.

Gently, she placed the egg in Branch's hands, and out of reflex the male wrapped his arms around it carefully, placing it against his chest, Poppy smiled softly;

-... Our baby has the best troll for dad, a sweet, caring, troll that will bring them the importance of being honest and brave for the one you love... I would never have choosed anyone else for that, she kissed his cheek.

Branch smiled, blushing. She gently chased a tear as he held their baby close to his heart.

- And Baby has the best mother too, he said sincerely, you'll do an awesome mom, Pops.

She only smiled.

It took another moment before the king suddendly speaked up;

- I love you, Branch said.

She looked up at him, ready to say it back... but she noticed he was actually talking to their egg, she playfully punch his shoulder;

- Baby Egg can get all the I love you's now? She playfully whined.

Branch laughed, and catched her lips, kissing her a few seconds;

- I love you, Pops... He smirked, I love you both with all my heart...

- Dawwww!!! She squealed, OKAY Noooow, cmere, I want to cuddle !

Soon, both troll were back in their bed... The egg born from their love was between them, and Branch, now reassured, didnt loose a single hair more that night.

 The egg born from their love was between them, and Branch, now reassured, didnt loose a single hair more that night