- To Anyone That Needed It -

Atomochi wanted a longer version but instagram wouldn't allow me so here it is... :)

-------

Branch had not wanted this to go this way. She had just asked him if he knew at least some singers, he did not have to like them— just knowing them. All she wanted was a name.

And of course, the name of the very used to be famous boy band 'Brozone' had slipped from his lips. Her expression had lit up in such an adorable way he wished for her to make this adorable grin when she would hear his name instead, and not the ones of trolls he did not even wanted to remember from his past.

- You know brozone ?? Poppy was almost jumping around in excitement, I know brozone too ! I love them ! They are my favorite band !

Her favorite band ? Brozone was her favorite band ? This gang of young trollings that had disbanded years ago ? Perharps she listened to them when she was just a kid, like most of their fans. She would dance to John Dory's most popular hit.

Just like that she had find something she thought was in commun with the gray troll; Brozone. Branch knew brozone ! Therefore it meant he remembered this band and then liked them even if he wouldn't admit it !

So now here they were, Poppy had a bit without knowing forced Branch to go through the biggest embarassement of his entiere lifeline yet. She showed him her whole merch she had since she was just a trolling, he seemed a bit weirded out by the Bitty B plushie but she did not bothered him with this.

She made him go through all the albums they had made, through every lyrics and she told him everything she knew... John Dory actually loved hiking, Spruce was a fan of surfing in his free time, Clay was the funniest, loved reading and Floyd was the writers of most of the songs of their band.

She took then her favorite album, made years ago, when at the time he was still a baby.

- This one is the first Bitty B joined the group, she explained, I loved Bitty B he was my favorite, she giggled.

Her favorite.

If only the new, grown up Bitty B was still her favorite in this whole world.

She placed the CD in the player and she, this crazy and adorable pink troll he loved with all his heart, layed down next to him though the pile of merch. Branch just stayed quiet and felt his entiere face burn with embarassed, his ears fell back in shame. Poppy meanwhile squealed her excitement.

JD was the first to start to sing, of course it was. John was the one that had created the band; the iconic outfits which he still took inspiration from today, the choreographies, the name of the group itself... The rest of the brothers had agreed and teamed up, band together.

You got the right stuff, baby
You're the reason why I sing this song

All that I needed was you
In my life, you're so right
And all that I wanted was you
You made all—

Branch stopped the CD player.

Poppy was shocked by the sudden gesture... she thought the gray troll was enjoying this moment so far. She thought he had a great time listening to what she believed was his favorite band. Had she read the signs wrong? Was there something Branch had not told her ?

- Branch ?...

There was long silence. Poppy stayed quiet, listening to Branch's breathe in and out, hearing it on a unusual path... if he really was crying she respected his privacy and did not looked at him.

Eventually, the princess of the pop trolls saw the male troll sat up and look at the songs on the album case. She stayed silent, she just let him... she was certain he would try leave her pod but was surprised by his next request;

- ... Can we play this one instead ?

He showed her the bonus song of the album; There for you wrote and perform by Floyd.

She nodded:

- Of course.

She thought this was maybe his favorite song... perharps Floyd was his favorite singer of the group ?

Or was it something about the lyrics ?

Around the world and back again
I hope you're waiting at the end

But I can't do this alone
Sometimes I just need a light
If I call you on the way
Need you on the other side to be there for me

S

o when your tears roll down your pillow like a river
I'll be there for you
When you're screaming, but they only hear you whisper
I'll be loud for you
But you gotta be there for me too...

You just gotta be waiting, I'll be there for you.

- That's a beautiful song, she said outloud.

There was a long silence only fullfil with the soft guitar. Branch took a deep breathe in and out.

- Floyd added it to the album without the rest of his brothers knowing.

- That's nice, she said, do you think he wrote it for them ?

...

- No, I think he wrote it to anyone that needed it.

Poppy giggled softly, Branch did not realized but he could be very wise and say deep stuff.

- That's a good way of seeing it... did you needed it ?

...

- Yeah, I think so.

...

- John thought Floyd wrote it for a guy he had a childhood crush on.

Poppy laughed, Branch gave just a slight smile.

- That's adorable !! How do you know that??

- Hm... someone told me, he knew them personally.

It wasn't technically a lie... his brother Clay had told him.