~ True Colors ~

So, I only wanted to rewrite the True Colors scene, but with more details, more Broppy😉 

------------------

~ True Colors ~ 

-You are right from the beginning Branch, the world is not made of cupcakes and rainbow ...

He felt a huge weight fall on his shoulders, he did not even remember to have said these words ... Branch lowered his head and stared at the ground for a moment, the cold ground froze his bare feet and the silence invaded the darkness in which was plunged into the room, or the interior of the cauldron.

When he raised his head to try to reassure her, he peeled his eyes in horror.

Poppy,

She had become gray.

Branch began to panic, the rose had completely disappeared from her skin, her hair ... The princess had become like him. The gray troll started to roll back, looking around him, everyone turned gray, like him. His heart was beating so fast that he felt like he was gushing out of his chest. His ears and hands were shaking like never before. The lump in his throat hurt him badly and prevented him from breathing normally.

It's my fault, it's all my fault ... he said to himself.

He was trying to find a single happy color in that gray and unhappy fog, none. He still continued to look for, during this journey, Poppy had shown him that even when everything seemed lost, there was always a little hope. He had always thought it was just unimportant words. He wanted to believe it this time, he had to find that little hope at all costs.

When everyone was gray, the complete black invaded the inside of the cauldron, the thick metal prevented to hear the noises outside, there was only silence. Silence and darkness, two old friends Branch knew too well. He was walking between the gray Trolls, the sound of his footsteps was the only thing he heard. It was cold, both in the cauldron and in the eyes of the Trolls despairing. Branch stopped when he found himself in the first ranger around the princess.

Poppy was kneeling in the center of the cauldron, completely gray. Even the joy he once saw in her eyes had disappeared, leaving an endless void in this eyes that he loved so much. her cheeks were stained with tears.

But she is still beautiful, he thought, blushing a little.

He wanted to see her smile again, he needed another hug even if it was the thousand that he would have from her. He needed to hear her laugh again, otherwise he would die. He would die if she lost hope, if he never saw her smile again, if she did not come to wake him at 5 am to invite him to another stupid party ...

I must do something, I can not give it up.

he looked around for one color, one hope of joy that could tell him that all was not lost. He lowered his head to the ground and finally found what he was looking for;

The cold metal beneath his feet showed his reflection. Branch tilted his head slightly to the side, he turned his attention back to a gray troll and looked back at his reflection ... Contrary to everyone else, He was slightly coloring. The tips of his ears were tinged with blue and his hair was not as dark as before, his nose was lilac dull ... What shocked him most however was his eyes, they were not gray he was icy blue.

This hope, which was to help everyone, was him.

But how to help them?.. ... he wondered.

How to help her? added another voice in his mind.

He stared at the princess and bit his lower lip, how to share his hope as she had done so many times? How to make her smile, laugh, dance, sing, again? The answer struck him like a thunderclap, like an arrow piercing his heart, as if she had just thrown herself on him to hug him a thousand times ...