| Heartbeat |

With permission from _True_Colors ! :)  (Branch is blue)

-------------------------------

Heartbeat

It was about 1 o'clock in the afternoon, the Snack package was playing cards in the shade of a tree.

- And ... I win! exclaimed Poppy, throwing her deck of cards on the floor. Everyone prostrated themselves before the queen of the card game!

Everyone laughs when Smidge bows to the pink troll.

-So Dj? You're not going to take revenge? Cooper asked, you lost!

- it's going to hurt so much! shouted DJ, running after her.

Soon, Snack's whole pack was trying to catch Poppy but she was too fast. She ran in all directions to avoid her friends.

-You will never catch me!

-Poppy careful! Biggie shouted

She turned and fell on someone, Poppy fell to the ground and dragged the troll. She opened her eyes to see Branch's face two inches from hers. He was lying on her. The hot breath of the blue troll on her skin made her blush. She had never noticed how Branch's beautiful blue eyes were

Immediately, His heart began to beat savagely ...

-S-Sorry! she stuttered

Branch shook her head and helped the pink troll get up.

-No, it's my fault, I did not look where I went.

Why do I feel like this? Her heart was beating so hard she was convinced that if he continued, Branch could hear him. She blushed embarrassed when Branch looked at her, rubbing his neck, a smile on his face.

-I ha-have to g-go! S-See you l-later!

The princess ran to her home under the puzzled eyes of Branch and the Snack Pack.

-Ooooohhh .... GD whispered

-What? Asked Branch

-Well, she ran away with the most embarrassing face I have ever seen! You must give it effect!

-You're dead.

Arriving at home, Poppy locked herself in her room, She dropped on her bed.

What's happening to me? she thought, trying to calm her heartbeat. She thought back to the troll that gave birth to this strange feeling in her. She blushes a lot thinking of Branch's beautiful eyes.

But he's a friend, right?

She remembers when she and Branch with singing in the cauldron, the same feeling when he was singing True Colors for her.

Ellipse of time ...

It was a week since Poppy avoided Branch by any means possible. The blue troll had only seen her twice, and when he tried to talk, the princess flushed with embarrassment and ran away. Something was wrong and he was deciding to find out what it was.

One morning, as Poppy was walking in the village, Branch came out of a bush and stopped him.

-You will tell me what's wrong? the blue troll asked, grabbing her hand to hold her.

-Oh, H-Hi B-Branch! I-I am going v-very well!

He approached her, frowning. Her heart started beating so fast that she thought he was coming out of her chest. The icy blue eyes of the blue troll stared at her suspiciously, his tense ears tilted toward her, as if he were ...

Oh no, no, no, no .... NONONONONO ..... she thought

Before he could say anything else, Poppy ran towards the forest.

Later, Poppy finally decided to leave her hiding place. She went to the house of Satin and Chenille to change her mind. Unfortunately, the two stylists were not at home. Poppy sighed and decided to go for a walk in the forest.

Suddenly, she felt hair curling around her wrist.

Someone pinned her against a tree and her icy blue eyes stared at her, she was trying to get out but Branch's grip was too strong.

-You still have not answered my question earlier: are you going to tell me what's wrong?

His heart started to panic again.

-I-I told y-you that everything w-was f-fine!

-I do not believe you, said Branch sternly, You do not behave normally.

Poppy glared at him and tried to get out again, but Branch held her too tight.

-Why are you avoiding me? he asked

-I d-do not a-avoid you!

Branch's ears tightened, he opened his eyes wide.

-I dream or ..

 Leaned forward and rested his head against his chest, Poppy groaned and blushed. Branch stood for a moment in that position listening to the quick beating of the heart of the pink troll.

"Ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum ..."

A small laugh finally escaped his lips as he looked at her again.

- Is that it?

Poppy tried to avoid his look, Branch smiled:

-I guess you does not mind if I do that ...

The blue troll chased a strand of hair from her eyes, caressing his cheek.

-No ... whispered the pink troll. Branch released her grip slightly on her wrist.

-Do you mind if I do it this?

Branch laid a soft kiss on her neck, Poppy shivered with happiness.

-It does not bother me.

 -And this?

He put another kiss on her cheek. The forehead press on that of Branch, Poppy blushes:

-No...

-And this?

He leaned down quietly, Poppy's heart beating furiously in her chest:

-No...

And Branch laid his lips on hers, Poppy melted into the kiss as Branch wrapped his arms around her waist. The blue troll let out a groan as Poppy laughed lightly. When Branch went away, he murmured:

-I-I love you, Pops ...

-I love you too, Branchie ...

No sooner had she finished saying that he drew her closer to him for another kiss, the sound of their beating hearts invaded the silence that surrounded them.

----------------------

:)