~ Thunderstorm ~

SNOW AND SHINE ARE BAAAACK, cause I need Broppy family-

----

That night, in the village of Trollstopia, a storm was raging outside.

The pods were thankfully securely attached to the tree branches, and for some, the rain and tonering was something relaxing... This was the case for King Branch, who fell asleep in the bed he shared with Queen Poppy.

- WAAAAAHHHH!!! A baby cry suddenly was heard from the other room.

- HUH– w-what? Branch suddenly got up, his eyelids heavy, what the... He murmured, confused, and then he remembered; their baby, Shine.

Branch got up from bed, Poppy had begun to wake up to the crying of their daughter, also worried;

- What's going on ? Do you think she's still hungry ? Poppy asked to the blue grayish troll who was already going out of the bedroom, she was ready to breastfeed if she was hungry.

- I take care of it, you rest, he whispered in a soft voice, the hatching already has exhausted you enough ! Then, without further words, came out of the room.

He quickly went to the children's room, squinting his eyes to see Snow, their son, with a flashlight, trying to give a hug to his little sister who was crying loudly. Yes, baby trolls loved hugs, it was an adorable and natural gesture.

- Snow ? Did you scare your sister by any chance ? Branch frowned, heading to the cradle to take the little blue troll in his arms, causing the little troll to startle.

- N-No, the little lilac troll said honestly, it's not me dad, I promise ...

Branch knew how to tell when someone was lying, he knew that his boy was telling the truth. Shine in his arms, he sat in an armchair in the corner of the room, rocking the baby against his chest.

- Hey, that's fine, daddy is here, everything is fine... Branch murmured, stroking the pink hair of his daughter who continued to cry, don't cry, daddy is here...

The dark circles could be seen under his eyes; the birth of their daughter two weeks ago had already exhausted them, and having to get up ten times at the middle of the night because the poor little girl was crying did not help in any way... Yet Branch and Poppy continued to fight fatigue for their children... They would do anything for them.

Snow returned to his bed, slightly reassuring because his father was now in the room, even if he slept halfway on his chair with Shine in his arms which was calming down... He didn't dare tell him, but he and Shine were scared of the....

BADAM!

- AH! Snow squeaked, jumping out of bed to snuggle up against his father, so Shine began to cry even louder.

Branch woke up startled, lowering his eyes towards his son and daughter, who were both against him, trembling.

- You're afraid of the thunderstorm sounds, aren't you? Branch guessed when seeing Snow's tears, it's okay, there's no need be afraid, it's not dangerous when you're safe in here... The king reassured him with a small smile.

- Can we spend the night in the big bed with you and mom ? Please... Snow asked him, hugging his chest; his father's heartbeat reassured him.

Branch, wanting to reassure them, laughed softly and lifted them up in his arms to bring them with him;

- Well, okay, but we have to be very small so we don't disturb mom, okay?

- Dada ! Shine let out a scream.

He turned his gaze to her, she extended her arms to Croco, her stuffed crocodile.

- Yes, Croco can come with us, Branch laughed, giving the stuffed animal to his daughter.

- And... ? Snow asked, suddenly holding his favorite blanket in his tiny hands.

- Yes, yes of course– Branch continued.

- And ShyShy? And Cuddles? And Mr. Carrot? Snow continued, we can not leave them all alone here, they are afraid too...

Branch had wide eyes, but finally sighed... How to refuse?

°

The next morning Poppy woke up in great shape; Shine hadn't cried another time in the night and she was very happy to have regained much of her energy.

But when she turned around to make a hug to her husband, she widened her eyes;

The protective dad had taken his two children and ALL their stuffed animals into their bed, he snored with his mouth wide open while Shine slept on his torso and Snow was huddled in his hair in battle. The plushies hid them practically cause of how many there was.

- Branch, Branch, Branch.... Poppy sighed, taking a few seconds to look and laugh lovingly at them.

----

Sorry, that was short IM, only like around 700 words 😭😭😭