I want some of that...

Emily.

PART ONE.

(TWO TO FOLLOW….IF YOU COMMENT & VOTE)

Emily.

Denzel got home and I watched his excitement. He stopped me as I walked past in the corridor and pecked my lips.

“Someone’s happy!” I laughed. He nodded and kissed my lips again.

“Mmm hmmm, I finished everything so I’m free till Tuesday, completed everything.”

“Aww well done Denz.” I kissed his cheek and hugged him. That means more time with him and Xavier. I hated being alone in the house without company. I mean now Xavier was nearly a year old, I wanted to get into a part-time job. I followed Denzel upstairs to our bedroom and he got his suit off and hanged it up and chucked his phone on the bed and removed his shoes.

“Denzel, I’ve been thinking maybe I should get a job soon?”  I said sitting on the bed next to him. He slowly looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“What why?” I shrugged.

“I’m bored, and I feel like I should.”

“What about Xavier and Nicole?” He asked.

“Well I can get him a nanny and Nicole’s fine, I would try find a 16 hours-a-week job that allows me to do four hours a day and in plenty of time to pick her.” I smiled. He shook his head.

“No. I want you as a housewife. We don’t need extra money I make more than enough.” I sighed and frowned.

“Denzel I get bored.” I held onto his arm and sulked.

“Em I really don’t want you working. Please.” I sighed deeply and accepted my fate. He wouldn’t let me. I can’t really do much about it, and I know I have rights, but in the same way I can’t be bothered to argue with him.

“Em, Vince is getting married.” My eyes widened.

“What?”

“Yeah! Tomorrow.” He blurted. Wow. Okay.

“That’s sudden. When did he get engaged?” I laughed as I was so shocked.

“This week.” We both started laughing.

“He’s crazy!”

“Tell me about it.” Just then the house phone started ringing. He groaned and thought.

“I hope it’s not work, or mum. Hang on.” I smiled and nodded. He walked out and I collapsed on the bed and lay there staring at the ceiling. I heard him excited and sussed it wasn’t work and probably a friend.

His phone started vibrating and I suddenly looked at the time and yawned. I picked it up and unlocked it and went into his messages and saw a random number. I opened it and read…

-Hey, It’s me Anna.

I just wondered if U’d like 2 B my date 4 the wedding tomorrow.

I mean I wouldn’t want 2 go alone.

x

I screwed up my face and started laughing to myself. One lift home and now they’re getting cosy with each other, and now she wants to be his date. I wanted to reply so badly but of course I didn’t want to invade his privacy more than I had. He came up and I looked at him and threw his phone aggressively in his direction. He caught it and looked at me stunned.

“What the hell?” He said coming in and closing the door.

“Go to that wedding with your new lady, Anna yeah?” I said getting up and trying to walk out the door.