Emily 27.

Emily!

?...And even though I'm leaving I will remember all those who helped me through the hard and nasty times I faced. Thank you, you were more like family than helpers.? I smiled. They all clapped and my group of friends and helpers hugged me. That year spending all my time there actually made me someone new. I was more out there! I wasn't quiet and bottling things inside, like I used to, I was taught new things, and my head felt clear. I didn't want to go home, I was on my own, but then again, I did this alone too.

?We'll miss you!? Yvette said hugging me. She had worse problems than me, but she had overcome them, and was leaving too.

?Bye Emily, oh and get that hawt thing's number for me, Mrs Miller's son!? I giggled and nodded.

I hadn't even seen him in a long time, I hadn't been in touch with friends, and I only saw Solange, once in a blue moon. So things were different. I went back to my dorm with all my presents and looked around, I was gonna miss this place. I packed all my stuff away and sat on the bed till Denzel's mum came in smiling.

?Hiya!? She smiled. I hugged her tight. She looked after me, she was like a mother to me.

?Thank you aunty!?

?It's okay. I see you like the daughter I should have had instead of that twat!? She referred to Denzel. I giggled and she sat next to me.

?How is he?? She shrugged.

?I haven't seen him in months, he had some court case, so I don't know where he is, they've cleared his name now, he's got a clean slate, which is good. You really changed him.? She smiled. I nodded slowly. I played with the beautiful bracelet he got me for my birthday, he did care, I just don't know what to say when I see him, I have nothing to say.

?Missed him?? She asked. I didn't reply.

?I don't know.? I said honestly. I don't know what I'd say if I saw him, all those things I did with him when I was not well, kinda made me feel nasty, my mind just made me do and say things, I slept with him, I still can't get over that.

?Why?? She asked. I shrugged and felt kind of shy.

?I know you guys did things together,? I looked at her quickly, and was shocked. She smiled and nodded.

?He told me a long time ago, boy is he not ashamed!? She said loudly. I hid my face. She laughed and I started laughing too.

?You two fooled everyone really good, I mean your in love with each other but you don't want to be together!?

?I don't love him that way!? I defended.

?Come one Emily!?

?It's true, the type of love I expressed to him was the same one I received from him, it wasn't that type of love.? I explained, she listened to everything I said and sighed.

?You two are confusing.?

?He can't love me, I don't want him to. It's gonna confuse me.? I said worried. She hugged me.

?Well he's slightly confused himself, don't worry honey.? I nodded and she gave me the last thing to put in my bag.

?From Rebecca!? She handed over a frame of me and her in a picture when we were at Bournemouth beach. I smiled and put it away in my bag and closed it.

?Come I've finished my shift I'll take you home, we looked after Pearl, she's gotten bigger.? She smiled.

?Oh thank you, I thought she would have starved to death.?

?Oh no, Denzel got her and left her with me, Joel kept touching its tail, and following him, he thought it was his brother. I even took her to the Single ladies meeting? She said. I laughed and we walked down the corridor. She took me back to hers and sat in the car waiting till she bang Pearl in her cage and her stuff. She saw me and her eyes lit up.