—it seemed like a routine, especially after she started working at her new job.

Nowadays, if we do see eye to eye—we just exchange few words to play 'catch up'—but it's always the same conversations. Nothing new.

Alexis doesn't know anything of Jonah along with my mom. I wasn't sure about telling either one of them.

I felt like it wasn't their business—however, when it came to my mom—I knew I couldn't hide it forever.

ALEXIS:

I sat there watching her fiddle with her hands as her head hung low.

She was sitting across from me.

"...you don't have to answer that question yet", I spoke.

She finally looked up and sighed.

"I'm just —I don't know. I want to tell my mom that I'm into girls but after my dad left us for another man—it kinda turned her homophobic", she confesses.

"What makes you label her that, Katherine ?", I ask.

"I've heard her plenty of times say offensive things about the LGBT community. She even made a mean comment about me wearing big chains", Katherine says.

Before I could reply—the timer went off.

Katherine sighed, "Ight—I'll see you next Tuesday", she says automatically getting up.

"We are going to pick up this conversation again", I say to her.

Katherine just nods and jets out the door.

I sighed looking around my small little office. It was bland, but what stuck out was family pictures I placed up. And one small picture of a rainbow.

Then—there was a knock on my door, but not just any knock—one that I was familiar with.

"You may enter", I say chuckling.

After, in comes Mirena. She locks the door behind her, and then she's me a playful flirty catwalk to my desk.

I chuckled, "You know if Lylani catches you in here—..."

Mirena sat on my lap cutting me off with a kiss.

My hormones raged automatically, but I knew to control them.

When her lips departed from mine...

"Well then we're just going to have to come clean", Mirena implies, half joking, half not.

I listened to Mirena's comment, and it was funny because Lylani already suspected Mirena and I were messing around.

However, nothing was confirmed—and honestly I didn't care for it to be. I knew that would only cause drama because Lylani only wanted me with one person—Domonique.

Domonique annoyingly visits often now. She was still planning to move out here. I was not happy with that still.

Lylani mentioned how I have a little thing for Mirena, to Domonique, and of course Domonique went into her crazy mode.

"You're too cute", I chuckled responding.

Before Mirena could speak again, my phone rang.

Mirena got off my lap, and mouthed to me: "I'll call you later", she says watching me answer my phone.

I nodded and placed my phone to my ear—as I watched Mirena step out my office.

"Hey Patricia", I say into the phone.