Too Lit

Picture: Alexis (Bobby's Cousin)

ALEXIS:

I watched her stand there with the kindest smile, which is the only reason why I finally accepted the help.

"Well if you insist", I said to her.

She smoothly walked her way over as I handed her the unprogrammed remote and instructions.

She took the remote but rejected the papers...

"I have this cable so i'm familiar with the instructions", she replied.

My eyes wandered her image, she was a nice looking girl, you can tell she was a quiet one, or at least wasn't one of those ratchet wild girls. Everything about her seemed pure , from her voice to her body language. She was a sweet sight, but nothing I was interested in.

I just nodded my head. In about 5 minutes later, I watched her struggle with progress.

"It's really okay, you don't need to do it anymore", I chuckled.

She looked at me with sympathy...

"I really thought I could help", she kindly stated as she handed me the remote back, "Sorry".

"You don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault—plus cable is outdated", I joke, trying to ease the false guilt.

However she didn't giggle or anything.

She stood there for a minute, awkwardly...as I sat there awkwardly waiting for her to at least leave now, but it didn't seem like she was going to as yet.

"Um what's your name?", I asked out of niceness.

"I'm Jordan", she smiled.

"Cool, i'm Alexis...you enjoying the party?", I asked.

"Nice to meet you, and yea... the party is great", she responded.

I chuckled, "You must be sober or bored...", I said to her.

She giggled, "It's kinda like my first real party I been to, i'm sober but not bored", she honestly replied.

"Well that's good, you don't always have to drink to have fun, but it doesn't seem like you're having all that fun since you're in here", I replied.

She looked kinda stuck, probably trying to debate whether my response was a rude or not-- it wasn't though.

I chuckled at her no response, " I didn't mean for it to come out that way--"

"No, I understand, I didn't take it any way", she tells me.

I nodded again, with the awkwardness returning until...

"Uummm...how come you aren't out there for the party?", she innocently asked.

I chuckled, "No offense to Bobby's party, or to you, but it's not my type of crowd. I'm 22, so I don't find partying with a bunch of high-schoolers that entertaining", I honestly replied.