Gossip

JORDAN:

JORDAN:

Wednesday's morning

I was in the back seat of Paul's car. My mother was in the passenger seat. Paul was dropping us off at my school—for the meeting we had to do.

I honestly wasn't looking forward to returning. I already know a lot of people from school are going to be questioning me about the fight. I also didn't want to be sitting in an office with my mom, talking about the situation.

The only thing that eased me was knowing Tameeka and her dad, Mr. Dailey, would be there as well.

Other than all of that playing in my head— I couldn't wait to return back home with Alexis today. That's the only thing I was looking forward to.

In the next 10 minutes or so, Paul pulled up to my school building.

"Thank you so much my love", My mom said as she leaned over to kiss Paul.

I cringed.

"You're welcome honey. I'll see you at home. Enjoy the day off", Paul says to her.

I rolled my eyes at his whole reply. I also couldn't help but to notice he said 'home'. That made me feel weird at the fact that me and my mom had separate places we called home.

Paul then turns back to view me...

"You have a great day too Jordan, speak up for yourself in that meeting. Fight for your rights", Paul tells me.

My mom adds, "Trust me, she's done enough fighting".

Wanting to roll my eyes at my mom, I looked over to Paul...

"Thank you, Paul—and thank you for the ride", I thanked him instead.

"Anytime Jordan."

My mom says, "Did you see I sent you the $300 for the week—I shouldn't have, but I did", she says to me.

"Yes, thank you", I say without a comment to her shade. I just wanted to go inside.

My mom breathed out, "You sure you don't want to stay another night?", My mom asked. I knew that was coming.

"I'm sure mom. Besides, I miss my room", I told her, knowing I didn't care an inch about that room.

Paul speaks, "Aw, how do you like the new bed by the way?", he asked.

"Love it. Thanks again for that Paul", I say, although I haven't even broken in my bed that much.

"You're very welcome Jordan", Paul says.

My mom sighed, "Just stay one more night", My mom says.

"Mommyyyyy", I whined.

My mom playfully rolled her eyes, "Fine, fine", she chuckled, "..and I'm sure you miss Alexis, so I'm not gonna hold you up from your bestie".