Vulnerable

A/N: THIRD UPDATE! Hooray! If you loved the previous chapter "Surprise Me", then get ready for this one!

JORDAN:

I was so pleased how everything turned out, and more to say—shocked.

Everyone was now leaving, as they all wished me a happy birthday again.

Alexis headed out to drop the guys off. She insisted that I should come along so I wouldn't be here alone.

However, Tameeka was staying a little bit more until Shaneeka got off work.

Emilia and the rest of the girls were first to leave.

As Tameeka was waiting on Shaneeka, she sat at the Kitchen island with me.

"So did you enjoy your birthday?", Tameeka asked, grinning.

I giggled, "Yes Best Friend—how did you guys even put this together?", I asked.

Tameeka giggled, "Oh how I would love to take credit—-but true say—- Your mother thought of all of this", Tameeka mentioned.

"Really?", I asked.

I knew my mother was a part of it, but I didn't know she planned it all. Knowing that made me feel a little guilty of being upset and mad with her earlier.

"Yup", Tameeka says, "Oh and I also looked up Jonah to invite him today", she says.

Shocked by her reply, "Tameeka what????", I got nervous.

"Jordan relax—-I was .... but I didn't because I wasn't sure if you told Patricia about him yet", Tameeka blabs out.

My heart was at a slight relief , "Yeah thank God", I say for my own reasoning, "And no I didn't tell her", I finished.

"Okay then, so no trouble— no beef Bestfriend", Tameeka chuckled.

I faintly chuckled.

But something didn't make sense with Tameeka's earlier statement.

"Wait... look him up where?", I asked.

Tameeka looked at me weirdly... "What do you mean where? His Instagram", Tameeka says.

I looked confused, yet didn't even know how to reply.

Tameeka looked puzzled by my confusion...

"Wait a minute Jordan. You mean to tell me you didn't know Jonah had an IG?", Tameeka says as she goes to the app.

"I mean, that's what he always said. And anytime I tried to search him.... It never showed", I said.

"Look", Tameeka says as she holds her phone.

When I took the phone, I was surprised to see it was true, his account was private. However, his icon was a picture of him.

I also saw that the account name had no relations to any of his legal names nor nicknames. Also, his following and followers were low. Almost as if this was a burner account.