(34) Aiden Took Me Away To A Private Lounge So I'd Dance On His Lap

Start from the beginning

Aiden placed a hand on the small of her back to calm her, but it only served to muddle her mind more, to make her more tipsy.

The bartender glanced between them, "My boss just ordered a shit ton of McDonald's cheeseburgers for the staff, I can grab her one?"

Aiden nodded, "That'd be great. Just charge the tab for it. Thanks."

He nodded and slid away while Marley turned at a tapping on her shoulder. Sarah was beside her, pointing across the bar, "Foreign Russian hottie, six o'clock has been staring! He's into you girl!"

Marley also leaned in, "It's six o'clock in Russia?"

Sarah frowned, "No! It's six o'clock in Madagascar!"

Marley gasped, "Do the animals actually talk there?!"

"Hell yeah they do!" Sarah shouted back just as the bartender re-appeared with a tray of six shots and a small yellow round package that he slid in front of Marley.

She narrowed her eyes at it critically, "Is that the yellow infinity stone?! Thanos is about to destroy this place!"

Aiden grabbed the stone and unwrapped it-oh. Marley gasped, her eyes wide with wonder as the cheeseburger made its appearance, "Is that a...is that a Krabby Patty?!"

Aiden's blue eyes rolled, "No it's-" he paused, his eyes scanning over the hopeful gleam in her eyes.

"Yes, it's a Krabby Patty."

Marley snatched it from him at the speed of light, shoving it in her mouth and chomping down on it hungrily.

As she chewed, she spoke through her mouthful, "Did you know that Mr. Krabs is a cannibal who kills other crabs to make his patty's and that's why it's a secret?!"

He watched her, amused as she shoved the last bite in her mouth, jumping when she was shoved in the shoulder again.

"Shots!" Sarah shouted, shoving a glass in front of her. Marley grinned eagerly, reaching for it until it was slid out from under her.

"Aiden!" She whined, watching him pick it up to dump it in the garbage over the bar. She snatched his wrist and he turned to look at her.

"Two is enough! You'll thank me later."

"You can't tell me what to do!" She shouted back, gripping it between her fingers and tugging at it until he let it go.

Not looking away from his blue eyes, Marley put it to her lips and tilted her head back, downing it in one go and coughing, slamming the glass back down on the counter while she practically heard him sighing in frustration.

In the background, the beat dropped and it vibrated the floor around them, the beginning lyrics of the song Right Round by Flo Rida playing over the speakers.

The girls had all taken their shots, too, and were stumbling out of their chairs and chatting to each other over the noise, linking arms. Marley nearly fell on her face as Sarah grabbed her wrist, "Let's dance bitch!"

So she calls every girl a bitch when she's drunk, then.

Marley was expecting to feel Aiden's typical warmth or hand on her arm to stop her, but Sarah led her towards the dance floor no problem. Marley was going to look back and see where Aiden was, but it was too crowded and too easy to trip over her own heels for that.

As soon as they found their way on the dance floor, she had a new understanding as to why it was so crowded.

With the pulsating music, the blinding lights in the floor, and the warm bodies pressed together, it's some weird kind of infinite that you feel. There's no future, no past, no present, as you're dancing when you never knew you could.