Chapter Thirteen: No Girls Team?

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | NO GIRLS TEAM? 

  ♕  

I furrowed my eyes as I stared at my test, "Mr. Evans, you literally said I failed. You can't be serious!"

I was in Math, so Mr. Evans class, we all got back our tests and he marked them all wrong! Did he really do this on purpose? I know for a fact since the girl next to me, who doesn't really talk, showed me her answers, and they were all correct and I put the exact same answers as her! Adam snorted as I glared at him.

Mr. Evans sighed and looked up, "If you're unhappy with your test, you may make up for it."

"If I'm unhappy-," I stood up and looked around at other students, "is he serious? What do you mean make up for it? I told you, I have the same answers as Livvy, and you're saying that I should make up for it? Do you want to get fired? 'Cause I can just take Livvy's test and mine to prove to the office that I got a better mark than this!"

He leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms, looking like he was enjoying this, "Are you really going to do that?"

I froze. My eyes trailed down to my desk. I can't tell the office and I can't get him fired because, believe it or not, he's the most popular teacher. Every students like him, he just doesn't like me.

I sighed and sat back down, "Nevermind."

I can just feel his smile spreading.

▪▪▪

I was walking to the coach's office to talk to him about football tryouts. Yeah, I know, I like football. Oh, and please don't say 'you're a girl though.' I hate it when people say that, it pisses me off!

I knocked on his door and a faint 'come in' responded. I opened the door and smiled at Coach Travis, "Hey coach."

"Oh hey Norah. What's up?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

"I wanted to talk about football tryouts."

He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head, "I didn't know you liked football. Sorry, Norah, there's no girls team."

"What?! Why not?" I asked, suddenly feeling down.

"There used to be a girls team, but nobody joined. So we decided to take it down."

"Really? I-I want to join though. Please Coach Travis, please?" I begged, he sighed and looked down at the ground.

"Norah, if you get hurt I wouldn't forgive myself. Forget about my job, I just don't want you to get hurt," he said sincerely.

I smiled softly, "Hey, Coach Travis you don't have to be worried. I got this, I'm a strong independent teen."

He chuckled and looked back at me, "Okay, okay, you got me. Just make sure-,"

"I know, I know, I got this, don't worry!"

He led me outside to where all the boys were, and suddenly, I got nervous. Wait, no, no, no stay positive! You're the first girl to join football, right?

"Gather around, boys!" Coach shouted as I stood next to him. Everyone came and formed a small group and some stared, whispered, looked me up and down as I blushed.

"This is Norah, she'll be trying out."

Cue the choking.

"S-she's a girl though, coach!" Some guy said, stating the obvious.

"So? Just, try not to tackle her on purpose-,"

"Well, no, you can if you want."

Everyone was staring at me weirdly.

"What? I need to learn the full experience," I said grinning.

"Anyways," Coach said warily, "Norah, I want you to throw all the way past the end zone."

I nodded hastily and someone threw me the football. I jogged over at the white line and aimed steadily. All about the aim, it's all about the aim. I stepped back a few steps and threw the football with all my force. We all watched with wide eyes as it swirled in the air and made it past the end zone!

Coach Travis was the only one clapping since the other guys were too dumbfounded to move, "That was awesome Norah! Way to go, you're on the team!"

I stared at him with raised eyebrows, "That's it?"

"Yeah! Why don't you get changed and come back to play some drills?" He said, tossing me a uniform. I stared at it for a minute, before running to the changing room.

I changed quickly, grabbing my helmet, I ran outside, onto the field. Some boys were sitting, some standing. Coach Travis was just instructing some rules.

"Okay! Why don't we just play a normal game of football? Everyone get to your regular places!" Coach Travis put me to the guy who said I was a girl, he rolled his eyes once he saw I was next to him. I bent my knees and coach blew the whistle.

Ethan, who was the quarterback, yelled 'hut' and threw it to Jayden. We all scurried around and it went so fast, Jayden actually threw it to me, now I had the ball, everyone made eye contact with me, Carter, who was on the opposing team, charged at me but I quickly stepped to the side so he went head first into the ground while I passed it to Ben. He ran all the way to the end zone and got us the point.

We played on until three rounds. This was the last, as William threw me the football, who was the guy who apparently hated me, it was pretty surprising, I caught it but I didn't even see Carter running with all his force and tackling me to the ground. I groaned 'cause I think he just broke my ribs. I made eye contact with Coach Travis who blew the whistle.

Damn it, now they think I'm pathetic.

"I-I'm fine!" I shouted, getting up. I clutched my waist as coach glared at Carter.

"What was that, Winston!?" Coach Travis yelled at him, I shook my head.

"No! It wasn't his fault, he probably thought I was a guy," I assured him. He sighed and crossed his arms.

"She's right," Carter said. Coach narrowed his eyes.

"Really? She's tiny compared to you guys!" I snorted and nobody heard, gladly.

"Okay! I'm sorry," Carter apologized. Coach sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Let's just cancel today's practice early. Go home everyone, and Norah, rest sweetheart," he said, giving me a warm smile. I was about to protest until he shot me a warning look.

I sighed and put my head down.

I could just feel all the burning glares that are shooting at me.

◾◾◾

E D I T E D

A/N: Wow, so now you know that Norah likes football. Please don't judge me on this chapter, I don't know much about football, but I know a decent amount since my brother plays football too.

Thanks for reading!

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪