Worst in me

"I'm gonna need a ride home." My stomach drops a bit as a warm tingle runs down my spine. Bad idea. No.

"Are you feeling okay?" I put his arm around my shoulder so I can walk him to the car.

"I am now." He leans into me.

-

I glance at the rear view mirror. Karma is leaning back into the side of a headrest, the softest smile on his face, cheeks pink.

"Why don't you come inside?" He unbuckles but doesn't make a move for the door.

"Karma, no." He's drunk. He always makes bad choices when he's out this late. He's not serious. He just wants to use you. Get it together Nagisa.

"I know you like me. Come in."

"You're wasted. Some other time."

"It's too cold. I'm lonely." He leans into the front seat, a freezing hand coming up to play with my hair.

"Get out of the car. I'll be back in the morning."

"But-"

"I'll be back in the morning." It comes out as a plea. He watches me for a moment before silently getting out with a small sigh. I watch to make sure he could walk up his driveway before driving off. The longer I sit here the more likely I am to change my mind. I hit a stop sign turning out of his street and check my rearview mirror to see if anyone is behind me.

Those... are his keys. Right where he knew I would see them, right on top of the seats. Wait, if those are his, then he isn't inside his house! His drunk ass is probably just waiting by the door. Damn it he's going to freeze!

"It's locked." He returns my concerned glare with a smile.

"You're an idiot. Do you know how cold it is?" I unlock the door for him, nudging him out of the way.

"It's warmer with you here." He wraps his arms around me.

"You need to turn on your heat." His windows are frosted over. His head tilts down as he makes eye contact. I know that dumb-ass look."Karma, you're drunk and we both have places to be tomorrow. You shouldn't do this now." I go to open the door for him.

"You know you want me to." He puts his hand on top of mine and I pause.

"Karma, you shouldn't."

"I'm cold." He gestures inside.

"I can't stay long."