Da depression

"Karmaaaa-" He whines into the phone, probably half falling off of his couch.

"Bad day?"

"How'd you know?" He's surprised? I always know.

"You weren't taking notes. I'm on my way over."

-/-/-

"Have you been taking your medicine?" I pick up a pillow from one end of the couch and throw it at him as he tries to sit.

"Hey!"

"Showering?"

"Yes!" He makes a grumpy face and makes a show of sniffing his arm to make sure there was no reason I asked.

"Brushing teeth?" He doesn't say anything and raises an eyebrow in response. "Eating normally?"

"I just had a bad couple days!" He smiles against the annoyed tone in his voice, clutching the pillow tighter to cover the lower half of his face.

"Okay okay, if you say so. I'm going to pick up a little. You get in the bath. I brought bubbles." I hand him the small bottle of aromatherapy bath bubbles. He smiles as he takes it, moving in for a sluggish and heavy hug. I hold him softly, stroking up and down his back.

-/-/-

"Nagi, it's like, ten. We have school tomorrow. Bedtime." I pick him up and pluck the controller out of his hand, setting it on top of the tv while I turn off consoles.

"Hey!" He doesn't push away, instead just shifts himself so he's comfortably laying like a bride. "Is this because I won?"

"No." I start walking us to his room.

"Mhmm."

"Maybe just a little. It's still late." I throw him onto the bed and he laughs like a child as he's bounced back up until he settles in. I climb in next to him. He kicks the blankets to the end of the bed then pulls them over both of us. I lay on my side and face towards him, he turns away, opting to be the little spoon. I pull him close, so his back is to my chest and rest my chin on top of his head. He still smells like lavender and eucalyptus.

"Thanks, Karma." I can tell be his breathing and how he's making sure I can't see his face that he's crying a little. I put an arm over his side and lay a hand over his heart.

"I love you, Nagi." After kissing the top of his head, I grab the blankets with my free hand and pull them up over our shoulders. He has a tendency to kick away the blankets then wake up because he's cold. "Goodnight."

A/n Felt inspired because nobody loves me. I kid I kid. It's just super important to have people to go to, especially when suffering from mental illnesses. I just used depression here because I know about that one.

Also isn't seeing people actually caring for others so nice, especially when they know them well enough to just tell that they need it? Because I find that shit fucking heartwarming.

I AM IN NEED OF OPINIONS HERE!!!
I have been thinking about setting up a Patreon or something. I could do stories and stuff and I'm also thinking about pastel/charcoal drawings and maybe charms???? This does not mean I'll stop taking requests here. Idk I was suggested to make one by some friends and it honestly doesn't seem like a bad idea. I could be getting paid for doing a job I can likely never make a living, or it could be an account that just sits there. There's no downside for me. I guess I'm looking for your approval?? Thoughts??????