Angst 1

Depressed Karma x Nagisa
Please forgive me. I'm not good at third person but I'm practicing. Here you go.

Third person POV

Karma and Nagisa walk out of school together. They were planning on just hanging out in the forest to practice or have a snack or something.

"Should we ask Korosensei if we could use the pool?" Nagisa skips ahead.

"Nah. I'm not a fan of the pool." Karma shrugs.

"Why not?" He pouts.

"I dunno." Karma shrugs.

"Whaaat? Afraid to show a little skin?" He says teasingly. Karma starts avoiding eye contact. Nagisa pulls at the top button on his shirt and he jumps back.

"N-no! Stop that!" Now nagisa was getting worried.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He gets defensive.

"Karma. Take off your shirt."

"What? No!"

"Karmaaa!" Nagisa steps in front of him so he can't walk away.

"Move."

"What are you hiding? You're scaring me."

"Nothiiing. Let's go." He tries to walk around the smaller guy. The bluenette steps in front of him again and pushes him down.

"It's nothing I wouldn't see at a pool. Now show me you aren't hiding anything." Nagisa was worried mostly about the possibility of an abusive family member.

"You're being crazy! Get off!" He try's to push him off but Nagisa changes his position so he can't.

"You aren't denying anything." Nagisa points out as he starts undoing buttons. "You are my best friend. I need to know that you're okay. You've been skipping school more often than usual." Karma gives up fighting.

"Nagisa... It's nothing. I'm fine."

"You know what 'fine' means to me? 'I'm just pretending to be okay so everybody leaves me alone'." He gets all of the buttons undone and let's Karma stand up. Karma tries to start redoing buttons but nagisa grabs his hands.

"Nagisa." He says with a pleading look in his eyes.

"If everything is fine, show me." Nagisa lets go and his arms rest at his sides. Nagisa pulls the shirt so he can see his shoulders. No bruises. He pulls it so he could see his chest. Still nothing. He takes it all the way off. He has to pause a moment to process the small scabbed over scratches and scars along his side.

"D-did... Who... Did you do this to yourself?" Nagisa tries to swallow the lump forming in his throat. It doesn't work and tears start welling in his eyes. Karma looks down and nods.

"I'm okay now." Nagisa hugs Karma to avoid him seeing his sobbing face. "Really. I was just thinking I could distract myself from the mental pain with physical pain. It was a temporary solution so I stopped. I'm done. Okay? There's no reason to be scared for me."

"Th-then..." Nagisa lets go and backs away from him. "Why is this one not scabbed over yet?" He holds out a hand with blood streaks on it.

"I!-" he was cut off by lips pressing against his own. He leans in and wraps his arms around the smaller boy.

"Don't hurt yourself. Please. I'm here for you." He whispers, still crying.

"I...I'll try."

"Please. Next time you are about to do that, know that I love you and you can talk to me about anything. Okay?" They we're both crying by now, not realizing they were being watched.