Mermaid (pt2)

OMG I'M A BAD PERSON I NEVER FUCKKNG UPDATE I'M SORRYYYYYY!!!

Nagisa POV

"I'm still very confused." I somehow sit in a chair without floating.

"How many times do I have to say it? ITS A SOULMATE MARK. You get it when you meet your soulmate. You're the only new person I've seen today, so, we are meant to be."

"...the breathing?..."

"If you get kissed by a siren you can breath underwater. Oh, and it means I claimed you. So, by our rules, you're mine." Fish-man smirks, handing me a plate with some food on it. I don't care enough to try to tell what it is.

"What, so you own me?!" I slam my fists on the table, barely noticing the webbing between my fingers.

"No. But, you don't get to go running off alone to be kidnapped by some other siren. You're cute, they'd eat you. That kiss means they can't touch you." With that in mind, I relax slightly. It is now that I actually look at my hands. A translucent blue skin grows slowly between my knuckles. "Shit, already? Usually it takes weeks for that to start." Karma starts swimming slowly back and forth, pacing, if you will.

"For what to start? Will I die?" It wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't scare me.

"No! You'll be fine. You're just turing into a halfblood. It's a totally normal thing for human soulmates. You will be a mermaid in the water and have legs on land. It's quite simple. That mark is triggering it and it seems your body is accepting the transition quite well." He eyes me up and down.

"One: I am a boy so don't call me a mermaid. And two: WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?"

"Whoa, you ask to many questions, Python. You're growing a tail. The webbing is the first step. It'll go away as soon as your tail is completely formed."

"TAIL?!?" I'm going to have a tail?! Wait I don't even know his age! What if he's like three hundred?!!?

"Yea yea, shut up already. It'll be a couple days but you'll be rocking a tail soon. By your fingers I'm assuming it'll be blue. Cool, it'll match your hair." He takes a piece of my flowing locks, kissing the strands.

"Fine. Lets say I'm not crazy and this is real, how old are you?"

"How old are you?"

"I asked first!"

"And I didn't." He smirks, leaning on the table.

"I'm fourteen."

"Fifteen! I'm one of the youngest people ever to meet my soulmate! Swishy!" He fistbumps the water.

"Swishy?"

"It's like... cool. It means cool." He rolls his eyes. "Anyways, we should get to bed, Python. I have to show you off to my parents and my classmates and- oo-hoo-hooo Asano will be pissed that I got mine first. Fuck that guy! Ha!"

"I barely know you and you're talking like we're married!"

"No, I'm talking like we are planning to get married. Which we are. And don't say no because you have to. So shut up and like it." No arguing with that. I guess this is my life now. Hm. Why am I not freaking out about this?!

"I... What am I supposed to do?"

"Well I suggest taking off those weird things and putting this on so your tail can form properly." He points to my pants. I stare at them for a moment. What does he want me to wear instead? This is all I have. I look back at him to ask, only to find him holding out a skirt. Is everybody on this planet hellbent on making me a chick?!