Demons

Karma POV

I'm going to tell him. I can't hide it forever. And I certainly want him to know before I confess my love. I invited him over to my house, cleaning it of anything suspicious. As I'm straitening my sheets for the fifth time the doorbell rings. Here we go.

"Nagisa! Come in!" I open the door.

"Thanks Karma. What'd you wanna talk about?"

"I... Could we talk in my room?"

"Sure." He takes off his shoes and I lead him up the stairs. Once we get there he sets a bag down that I didn't notice before.

"Why the bag?"

"I thought there was a possibility you wanted me to stay the night, so I brought clothes." He smiles.

"Oh." I'm kind of dumbfounded. I didn't even plan that far. I thought 'he's just going to reject me after he knows so why think about anything else'. He breaks me out of my thoughts by reaching for my hand, placing his over mine. Ow! I look down at his hand to see a ring. Iron? Silver maybe? Whatever it was it hurt. Bad. I pull away before he notices the burn.

"Soooo? Can you just spill? I'm getting anxious over here." He chuckles.

"Let's eat dinner first." I blurt. I should stop trying to postpone the inevitable.

"Fiiiiine, but you seem really nervous. Like I'm trying to kill you." He tilts his head. Aside from the cute way he said it, it sounded like he wasn't joking. As if he was asking if I was catching on to him.

"No no... I'm fine. I'm going to tell you right after we eat. I promise." I smile and stand up. He raises an eyebrow and sticks out his pinkie finger.

"Are you serious?"

"Very." He shakes his hand closer. I roll my eyes and we lock pinkies. "Now that I know I have your word, what are we eating?"

-/-/-

"You're a really good cook, Karma!" Nagisa shoves more food in his mouth. I chuckle.

"Thanks, Nagisa." I ruffle his hair and go grab my plate. When I come back and sits down he stares at me, probably not meaning to. I wave a hand in front of his face.

"Oh s-sorry." He continues eating. We sat in silence for awhile. It wasn't until I reached for my water that he looks up again. I was about to drink but his worried gaze stopped me.

"Is something wrong?" I set my glass back down.

"No! I mean... no. Everything's fine." He glances back at my glass.

"You're acting twitchy."

"No I'm not. Do you have any salt?"

"I actually don't. Sorry." He looks scared but nods.

-/-/-/-

"You have to tell me. You pinkie promised!" He pouts.

"I don't know. You're my best friend. I don't want to loose you over something stupid like this."

"I promise I won't run. Did you kill somebody?"

"What? No! I mean yes...but you already knew that. I'm talking about something else." I twiddle my fingers. He nods and scoots closer to me.

"Please just tell me. I won't care if you're gay."

"Nagisa! This isn't something like that." I blush a little, but he doesn't seem to notice. I grab his shoulders so that he faces me. "I-" I notice him grabbing something from his pocket. It looks like a sigil of some sort. Now that I'm looking at it... It looks like a devils trap. He knows?!

I push him down so I'm sitting on his stomach and grab his hand.

"Karma! That hurt!"

"Do you trust me?" I shout.

"Wha-"

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course bu-"

"So you won't abandon me? No matter what?"

"...I... I'm not sure. Probably not. I just don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Nobody is getting hurt."

"I'm just worried because you've been acting up around me and things like that. I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you and-"

"I'M A DEMON!"

"What?"

"I'm a demon, Nagisa."

"...for how long? How long were you like this!?" He struggles against me weight.

"Forever," I chuckle nervously. "I'm really sorry for not telling you sooner. You still accept me right?" He looks up with his eyes glazed with fear. After a moment he sighs before replying.

"I guess I have no choice, seeing as how I would be species-est if I didn't." He chuckles a little.

"Thank you!" I pull him up into a hug. He hugs back. Then something clicks in my head. All of the things he did... "Were you trying to kill me?!" I push him back down.

"N-no! Of course not! You're my best friend I would never do that."

"What about the salt?"

"I wanted some for my food!"

"Tsh rude. What about the ring?"

"A gift from a friend."

"Oh, what about the holy water I almost drank? And the Devils trap chain?"

"I..." Ha! Caught you! "I'm really sorry... I know it seems silly but I had the sneaking suspicion about you... So I had some tests. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I just didn't know if you brought me here to kill me for knowing too much." He laughs nervously.

"Wouldn't hurt you. Unless that's what you like." I wink and he blushes.

"Pervert!"

"What did I do?"

"You're implying stuff." He pouts.

"It was more of a question." I smirk.

"I-I..."

"You love me. Admit it."

"Fine. I love you." Did he actually just say that? What do I do!? I didn't think he would say it! Uh umm uhhhh. "Are you just gonna sit there blushing or-" I keep him from taunting me with a kiss. It is soft, sweet and long. He doesn't pull away or push me off or stop me any other way.

"So that was a surprise."  He gasps when I pull away.

"The last five minutes were a surprise." I kiss his head.

A/n so school is starting soon and I'm very unorganized so updates may come slower than usual. Also I can't type like I normally would because of my nails. So yea, sorry for that.

I take requests and encourage comments!